Content available at release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Content available for the release date

by Youfie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Ike wrote:When will the limitation of 8 debuffs be lifted? Seeing that Nefarian has been beaten well over one month after the debuff count has been raised to 16 leaves a sour taste in my mouth, considering that all the other bosses have been defeated one day after releasing bwl (->source<-)!
Has anyone actually tried beating Nefarian with just 8 debuffs before making this decision? Because if not and he is just unbeatable, that will halt the entire server progress, since the debuff limit whas raised together with the launch of Zul'Gurub, which here is coupled with Nefarians death.
This seems like a huge problem to me!

I hardly think Nefy would become unbeatable just because of the debuff limit. We still have the 1.12 talents, years of experiment and theorycraft, better addons and hardware so I'd be really surprised if this change made Nefarian unkillable :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by ironsides » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Ike wrote:When will the limitation of 8 debuffs be lifted? Seeing that Nefarian has been beaten well over one month after the debuff count has been raised to 16 leaves a sour taste in my mouth, considering that all the other bosses have been defeated one day after releasing bwl (->source<-)!
Has anyone actually tried beating Nefarian with just 8 debuffs before making this decision? Because if not and he is just unbeatable, that will halt the entire server progress, since the debuff limit whas raised together with the launch of Zul'Gurub, which here is coupled with Nefarians death.
This seems like a huge problem to me!

Don't worry we'll fucking slaughter nef asap so everyone can go back to 16 debuff slots
Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll hit the stars <3
ironsides
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:54 pm

This should be fun, it will be nice seeing MC as a challenge again.

Does anyone know where to find the full loot tables for pre-1.4 endgame dungeons?
<Vague> NA late night
Kaia
Grunt
Grunt

by TheLockKing » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Strife wrote:I don't think nefarian will stay alive much longer than the rest of the bosses in BWL, the debuff limit doesn't make him unproportionally harder than anything else that I can think of.

Szabinger wrote:I don't remember exactly, but didn't you need Hyrdaxian reputation to be able to kill Ragnaros? That will prevent guilds from fully clearing MC for a while.

You only need honored to obtain Aqual Quintessence (1 use) and you can keep going back to the island to get a new one after each boss if necessary. You can grind elementals in silithus or burning steppes to honored, you can also get rep for killing certain bosses in 5 mans, and of course the trash/bosses in MC. It's more than enough rep to douse and clear MC in 1 go as far as i'm aware.

...god speed. You'd subject yourself to literal HELL instead of grinding for Exalted for the permanant Quintessence.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:11 pm

keep in mind as well, the dark iron gear and nightfall etc will not be available as well due to it coming later (forgot which patch)

CoR buffs the dmg of the boss, it would be wise to use FF over CoR. one could argue using pally debuffs as well for alliance (wisdom/light) over some other debuffs.
but regardless, every guild will pick which best fits their raids. :)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by TheLockKing » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Wait what? What Nightfall? The Talent or the corrupted Arcanite Reaper weapon? Cause.. if 1.12.1 talents are being used then Nightfall's gonna be there.
HORDE

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Unfortunately Nightfall shouldn't be available to us until BWL.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:10 pm

TheLockKing wrote:Wait what? What Nightfall? The Talent or the corrupted Arcanite Reaper weapon? Cause.. if 1.12.1 talents are being used then Nightfall's gonna be there.

the weapon...
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by TheLockKing » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 pm

>.> damn you Blizz for giving multiple things the same name.
HORDE

ALLIANCE
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zetox » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:15 am

Imbaslap wrote:keep in mind as well, the dark iron gear and nightfall etc will not be available as well due to it coming later (forgot which patch)

Thorium Brotherhood was always in the game with dark iron gear, they just added more recipes in 1.6. (only piece I think for tanks that is added is boots in 1.7).

Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Thorium Brotherhood now offers several new recipes. Additionally, several of the old recipes now have different faction requirements. Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Thorium_Brotherhood
Last edited by Zetox on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements