Dire Maul available on Player PTR Realm

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Dire Maul available on Player PTR Realm

by djonin91 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Viper wrote:Please check our videos if you got doubt about scripted content ;)

Great job on the server guys, it's been a lot of fun. Appreciate that you dedicated development efforts to bugfixing and anticheat., obviously really important stuff.

But with all the content scripted, wouldn't it make more sense to make it available for testing months before the deadline instead of weeks after it? That way there wouldn't be a hold up with content, which is already hurting the PvE progression guilds (having nothing to do other than literally one-shot ony and mc once a week for long periods of time makes people quit the game).

At least adding meaningful loot to the raids would be some sort of motivator for raiding in the meanwhile, on the contrary to the present state of crafted lvl 50 greens being better than raid loot for several classes.
I like the decision to keep the pre-raid gear at 1.2 stats since it makes the raid more challenging, but the raid loot doesn't make anything easier since you have the raid on farm by the point the amassed raid drops make an impact, and the gear is supposed to get buffed for the upcoming content anyway so it won't make BWL harder.
It really doesn't make much sense for these classes to put the effort into raiding currently since you don't get anything out of it, please apply the pre-BWL t1 overhaul and add Domo loot asap. This doesn't require much development time I'd imagine, but would make a lot of hardcore players happier while we are waiting for BWL to come.
djonin91
Tester

by kdfssl » Tue May 05, 2015 7:57 pm

djonin91 wrote:At least adding meaningful loot to the raids would be some sort of motivator for raiding in the meanwhile, on the contrary to the present state of crafted lvl 50 greens being better than raid loot for several classes.

I pretty much dont care about the loot because it is at least challenging then. But what I do care about is the delay of content.

By the way: I have not expressed my pleasure about the server yet. You guys are doing a great job. I know I am nagging here on a high level. In addition I know it takes a lot of work to keep things going and there are guys like me just spreading negative energy here. But you are doing great. Cheers for your great work.

But I am just afraid that we will keep waiting another 2 month until BWL is released and after Nefarian is down we will have to wait onther year until the next content is released. This is exactly what bugs me. If you say everything is scripted then please give us a specific date when you want to release the next content.

For example:
Why is DM not released yet? It is definitly more than 1 month ago until Ragnaros and Onyxia has been killed.

The thing is I am just afraid we will keep waiting and waiting. I know there will be the argument that you dont have the gear to progress AQ40 without farming BWL before etc. but there is definitly a difference between farming gear to progress than farming gear just to show it off in IF/OG.

TL;DR: Thank you for your great work and please make a releaseplan with specific dates.
kdfssl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by djonin91 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:25 pm

kdfssl wrote:I pretty much dont care about the loot because it is at least challenging then. But what I do care about is the delay of content.

Again, it's challenging in pre raid gear, by the time you got enough drops to make a difference you've already beaten the raid several times. Even with shit gear the current content is a pushover and hence dull. How does a 4 shadow damage priest t1 chest make the raid challenging for you?
djonin91
Tester

by kdfssl » Wed May 06, 2015 4:24 pm

It is more about tank and heal gear rather than DPS though.

But lets stick to the topic. I f you want to discuss this any further please just open another topic and PM so we can have a discussion about that.
kdfssl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Flaat » Thu May 07, 2015 8:10 am

Badtank wrote:Viper I love what you guys do and this server is fucking great but please dear god get one of your staff that speaks English as a native language to post for you.

This! So mutch this!
Really it would make your posts seem allot more proffesional. I am not the most eloquent writer in the world but would really like to help with a final edit for all your posts so the biggest mistakes are filtered out.
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mynamewastaken » Thu May 07, 2015 7:48 pm

so whats the progress on bwl????????????
mynamewastaken
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mortadela » Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 am

Hey, keep up the good work. I was just wondering, will the warlock epic mount quest ending be out with DM?
Mortadela
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sdigital » Fri May 08, 2015 3:34 am

"For the next testing content in 2 weeks (depending on the quality of feedback received), be prepare for patch 1.5 including :
* Alterac Valley Battleground in his pre-nerf state,
* Battleground reputation,
* 1.5 Items upgrade, affects many items on the server as it upgrades some existing ones and brings in new items in instances, quests, and in raids like Molten Core and Onyxia." - Viper

Does this mean that AV is going to be TESTED 2 weeks after DM is released? Or that AV will be released with DM? Why the long wait on AV? I thought you guys had already tested this during beta extensively?
Sbrzd
GM of <Player vs Player>
twitch.tv/sdigital
Sdigital
Tester

by Keftenk » Fri May 08, 2015 4:05 am

AV was barely tested in the beta sessions.
It was a "bonus" to us or something for all the content we did test.

It did work fairly well though. Some quests were a bit off and shit like the reinforcements would fly through the air to their destinations. Ivus was summoned and rekt shit which was cool.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by somnu » Fri May 08, 2015 6:39 am

Flaat wrote:
Badtank wrote:Viper I love what you guys do and this server is fucking great but please dear god get one of your staff that speaks English as a native language to post for you.

This! So mutch this!
Really it would make your posts seem allot more proffesional. I am not the most eloquent writer in the world but would really like to help with a final edit for all your posts so the biggest mistakes are filtered out.

The irony in this post can be sliced with a butter knife. I'd start by learning to spell "professional" before claiming someone isn't professional and offering myself to help them write in proper English. Also some other words you might need to have a look at: "much", "a lot".
somnu
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements