Additional information regarding release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Additional information regarding release

by bionictruck » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Second realmlist that was posted to Facebook works for me (Midwest USA). Logged in to each of my accounts and created characters for each faction and ran the bank characters to SW and Org. Taking a break now to let the starter zones thin out and back at it later tonight.
bionictruck
Tester

by Liebguckerle » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi guys,

nice work, however one question: Would it be possible for you to adjust the spawntime? Especially lowbie creatures? Cause right now, well, just impossible to play, even if you're in a group of 5...

Shouldn't be too difficullt... Something like

UPDATE `creature` SET `spawntimesecs`='60' WHERE `spawntimesecs`='yourspawntime=900?!?' AND `curhealth`<='160'

... or something like that, please!!! :)
Liebguckerle
Tester

by koelkast » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:33 pm

FORTRAN777 wrote:Try set realmlist login2.nostalrius.org

It worked for me and thousands of others...see you in-game.

worked like a charm thanks alot
koelkast
Grunt
Grunt

by Hydra9268 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:36 pm

Tried
set realmlist login.nostalrius.org

and
set realmlist login2.nostalrius.org

using my en.nostalrius.org credentials and forum.nostalrius.org credentials:

"Unable to connect" on both.

I copy/pasted my password and typed it in manually.
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Etherius250 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Tried logon.nostalrius.org , logon2.nostalrius.org , login.nostalrius.org , and login2.nostalrius.org.
First 2 immediately show that I've been disconnected from the server, while the second two says there's something wrong with my password/username combo. Stopped using the latter two, because I know my username/password combo is right. Guessing the servers are still over-loaded?
Etherius250
Tester

by Hydra9268 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:55 pm

@Etherius250 - that's my guess to. I'll try again later today and tomorrow...
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by FORTRAN777 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Guys, you keep getting 'Disconnected from the server' because you've been logging into test realm which automatically disconnects you. Someone on the forums wrote how to fix that problem by renaming something in your WTF folder if i'm not mistaken. Other way, which I personally used, requires fast fingers. You should fast click cancel when it says 'Success!' and then you should be able to pick realms in realmlist screen - pick Nostalrius Begins and enjoy your epic journey.
FORTRAN777
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PaperNoire » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Can you all please, please, PLEASE give the admins some slack? Honestly, some of the comments here people are making like "complete fail" or "what a waste of time" and just general nonsense is just not called for, guys.

They're working hard to fix the problems currently happening - if Blizz struggled with the launch of WoW with a team of thousands, it's practically inevitable this small team would run into problems too. Please, just cut them some slack and BE.PATIENT.

Soon we'll all be raiding Rag and feeling all nostalgic, but please, stop making these ridiculous comments. Try launching your own WoW server and not run into any problems.

And yes, they advertised that their servers would be able to handle this many people and all, but PLEASE keep in mind they may be optimized for that, but at launch things can be unpredictable. There's probably 10,000+ people trying to log in at once, and I can image that although their main servers are able to withstand that amount, maybe the log-in servers weren't quite cut out for it, idk. Whatever.

I'm happy to wait for the problems to be resolved. See you all in game. /rant
PaperNoire
Private
Private

by Hydra9268 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:50 pm

FORTRAN777 wrote:Someone on the forums wrote how to fix that problem by renaming something in your WTF folder if i'm not mistaken.

Could you provide a link to the thread?
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by FORTRAN777 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:17 am

Hydra9268 wrote:
FORTRAN777 wrote:Someone on the forums wrote how to fix that problem by renaming something in your WTF folder if i'm not mistaken.

Could you provide a link to the thread?

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1821 here you go :)
FORTRAN777
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements