Clarification regarding R14 weapons

Nostalrius official announcements

Clarification regarding R14 weapons

by Viper » Tue May 19, 2015 4:43 am

Greetings,

Dire Maul will be release soon on Nostalrius.

However, some of the PvP hardcore players from our community are wondering how the new R14 weapons *which will be available later* will be handled on our server.

Honor system reward items with a rank requirement will require a lifetime "highest rank" of that rank, rather than requiring the character to currently have the required rank.

It means that all the players who reached R14 as a lifetime "highest rank" will have access to the new weapons *when available*.

Best regards,
Nostalrius
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Clarification regarding R14 weapons

by Cfred » Tue May 19, 2015 5:21 am

YAY!
Cfred
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Coding3347 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:47 am

Thanks for the DM mention :D
Coding3347
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Badtank » Tue May 19, 2015 6:12 am

Is soon this week? Next Week? Ten Weeks?
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Harm » Tue May 19, 2015 6:39 am

Thanks for the clarification!
Harm
Grunt
Grunt

by Vardia » Tue May 19, 2015 6:43 am

Sounds awesome, thanks for all your hard work! :D
Vardia Undead Mage
Vardia
Grunt
Grunt

by johanmuseeuw » Tue May 19, 2015 6:44 am

Saw someone with 30k HKs yesterday..

I'm not even lvl 60
johanmuseeuw
Private
Private

by StraightFromCompton » Tue May 19, 2015 6:57 am

/puke

Not blizzlike. Way to go catering to crybabies Nostalrius.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.7.0 (September 2005)
Players may no longer purchase items that require a PvP rank unless they meet the rank requirement at the time of purchase.

Another amazing decision just like banning people for safe-spotting! It's supposed to be like a new "tier" in raiding, but for PvP instead, and you're messing it all up. The new weapons and armour were released in 1.11 or 1.12, and people on retail had to regrind it (Late 2006)

I remember somebody on retail reaching R14, and accidentally getting a DHK before buying his items, resulting in him deranking to 13. He wasn't able to get his weapons. I don't need to worry about anything here, since it seems like Papanosta will hold my hand.

You're keeping a bug on your server for the convenience of your players. It sounds like Feenix. Take away rank decay next.

Half these people won't enter a BG for a year+ until Naxx is released, and then they'll be running around with upgraded items? Bravo

-Signed, A Disappointed Player.
Last edited by StraightFromCompton on Tue May 19, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
StraightFromCompton
Grunt
Grunt

by spicynugz » Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 am

StraightFromCompton wrote:/puke

Not blizzlike. Way to go catering to crybabies Nostalrius.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.7.0 (September 2005)
Players may no longer purchase items that require a PvP rank unless they meet the rank requirement at the time of purchase.

Another amazing decision just like banning people for safe-spotting! It's supposed to be like a new "tier" in raiding, but for PvP instead, and you're messing it all up. The new weapons and armour were released in 1.11 or 1.12, and people on retail had to regrind it (Late 2006)

I remember somebody on retail reaching R14, and accidentally getting a DHK before buying his items, resulting in him deranking to 13. He wasn't able to get his weapons. I don't need to worry about anything here, since it seems like Papanosta will hold my hand.

You're keeping a bug on your server for the convenience of your players. It sounds like Feenix. Take away rank decay next.

shaddap
spicynugz
Private
Private

by Badtank » Tue May 19, 2015 8:51 am

StraightFromCompton wrote:

This never happened. Ever.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Announcements