Alterac Valley pre-nerf available on PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley pre-nerf available on PTR

by Misa » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Stalk wrote:What logic is this? Why would you need 40 players on each faction to start testing AV? You should be able to test the majority of the instance with 10 players on each side easily.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to organize anything with people other than your own guild to do anything at all.
Different timezones, different times people can play, and want to play. Not everyone in these guilds can even be bothered to test. And that is always going to be the case, no matter what guild is invited.

To get a good glimpse of AV, you really need more than 10 people playing it. Else you are half-assing it, and you don't want a half-assed AV, because then you are going back to the forums to complain how half-assed AV is.

We need a platform to organize these things with all guilds involved. Like a seperate forum section so the Nostalrius staff can organize a date and time for people. Then we can all login, test it, have some fun and the Nostalrius staff can watch too. It's simply not possible to get a good testing session going right now.
Misa
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Devilhunter » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Thanks testers for feedback.

As i can understand ppl impatience about playing AV, i'm sure the staff do their best to work on it as fast as possible. And ofc select some of the most implicated guilds / members seems to be the only good way to do that. They don't play BG while you are not, they are testing bug / quests / scripts, which is for the best but not especially fun.

In my opinion, ppl have to take in consideration that the nostalrius is a huge and hard project, and they are still learning what is the best for testing / releasing content.
For sure the actual testing will point what is missing in the test process, and the next tests will be more efficient.

We just have to be patient, and thanks the work of the volunteers who makes it real.

Pardon my french ;)
[Serveur PvP] <Awaken>: rejoignez une des meilleures guildes PvE francophone sur Nostalrius (côté horde) !
Canal guilde, Mumble et forum francophone.

Plus d'infos :
- /w Devilhunter
- awaken.eu.com
Devilhunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ritjos71 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:10 pm

I respect what you are saying and I'm all for more thorough testing if that's what is required. However unless you are on the Nos team you don't really know what they are specifically testing. Maybe they can get what they needed from the amount of testingthat's been done. I may have missed it but I don't see any complaints from them saying they haven't been able to get any quality testing done. I'm all for them opening up to more people if that's whatsneeded, but it's possible that they are progressing forward as planned since they put AV on the ptr isn't it?
ritjos71
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Viper » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:46 am

Some solutions were found to organize guilds so they can test this battleground properly.
As a consequence, we received complete feedback from 3 of the 8 guilds so far.

Just a reminder for the guilds which didn't provide feedback yet:
If reports aren't complete, such as lack of content or haven't been submitted at all, corresponding guild(s) will be removed from the list and a new one will be accepted. Feedback about Alterac Valley needs to be sent back to Viper in PM, so we can process all the information for a second and final check as soon as possible.

More information soon.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Guybrush » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:26 am

Kapwe wrote:Most of us where doing the PvE part and we did a big report don't worry. Just a few of our member who killed people here and there

When I got in and opened the score table the nope kids had over 40 HKs. "Just a few people here and there"
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sulg » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:23 am

trulygenericname wrote:I mean if you make people do applications it should still be fine, even if they don't come from a guild where every member has an extra chromosome.

More chromosomes, more fun!
Sulg
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Allstar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:25 am

I thought AV was already scripted so we were expecting to be testing BWL and onward.
Allstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:57 am

@allstar You are from <Massivus Backhandeth> ?

kek
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Allstar » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:52 am

ya man :geek:
Allstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Brinley » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:11 pm

I'm sorry for the probable off-topic post here but, isn't it better to fix or solve this problem about the constant delay first? (Add a queue at 5.5k or something), as I see everyday the big majority of unhappy players saying it is unplayable, especially at weekends where it lags dramatically harder, and with AV released with some possible bugs to take care of + this delay to solve it might be too much to do

Regards
Brinley
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements