Population keeps on growing

Nostalrius official announcements

Population keeps on growing

by Viper » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Dear Community,

First of all, thanks for your support!
Our Vanilla server broke another record last week with more than 9.000 players online at the same time.
That's really insane!

2015/02/28 : 4.000 players online
2015/03/03 : 5.000 players online
2015/03/17 : 6.171 players online
2015/05/16 : 6.667 players online
2015/05/17 : 7.440 players online
2015/05/25 : 8.096 players online
2015/05/31 : 9.092 players online
2015/06/07 : 10.000 players online ?

Some improvements were done to minimize lag in Raids, Instances and Battlegrounds (even at 10K players). But, as more players enter in the world it becomes more and more difficult to optimize server performance, forcing us to decrease some quality parameters to handle the large amount of players while developers continue to work on further optimization.

We are aware of this issue that some players have and a solution is on its way.

Best Regards,
Nostalrius
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Population keeps on growing

by Wagnard » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:53 pm

Viper wrote:We are aware of this issue that some players have and a solution is on its way.

Best Regards,
Nostalrius

Sounds ominous.
censored for quoting rap lyrics
Wagnard
Grunt
Grunt

by Robotron » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Wagnard wrote:
Viper wrote:We are aware of this issue that some players have and a solution is on its way.

Best Regards,
Nostalrius

Sounds ominous.

Are we finally getting rid of all the taurens? Is it finally happening?

Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Wagnard » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:25 pm

No Holocaust imagery please
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Graphic content
censored for quoting rap lyrics
Wagnard
Grunt
Grunt

by PeaceHammer » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh man! Please be a new PvE server! :D
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dstar » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 pm

I really hope for another server. There is only so much one server can handle and a population cap would only hurt and stunt the servers growth.
dstar
Grunt
Grunt

by Tis » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:03 pm

A second server is strictly necessary at this point as the quality of playing has significantly deteriorated. That would be the only thing that would make me come back and play on Nostalrius.

I'm not quite sure staff members realize that judging by the way they've been handling the situation though. I hope some of them do play on the server and are not completely out of touch so they can see for themselves. Of course they'll have to sacrifice some pride as there will no longer be a realm with 9000 players online but sacrificing that in order to improve quality of playing will be worth it.
Tis
Private
Private

by Pixiestixie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks Nostalrius devs and admin team for giving us all such a fun game to play together!
Pixiestixie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by maud » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:45 pm

Keep up the good work!
maud
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arise » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:59 am

Tis wrote:A second server is strictly necessary at this point as the quality of playing has significantly deteriorated. That would be the only thing that would make me come back and play on Nostalrius.

I'm not quite sure staff members realize that judging by the way they've been handling the situation though. I hope some of them do play on the server and are not completely out of touch so they can see for themselves. Of course they'll have to sacrifice some pride as there will no longer be a realm with 9000 players online but sacrificing that in order to improve quality of playing will be worth it.

I barely experience any problems. Even with 9k on my game remains silky smooth at 20ms and no delay.

Only the server dc's really suck.
Arise
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Announcements