New features on our Website

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: New features on our Website

by Umbra » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:34 am

"This account has been used recently. You can't reset the password now.Remember that you are responsible for your account security, and as stated in our Terms of Use, we do not reset passwords for hacked accounts. "

I dont even understand why this is a thing. I have my Username, i have my e-mail. Why do i have to wait to reset the password?

You are basically protecting hackers with this feature. This is the 1st time i have ever seen this kind of timer on a pass reset. Please just give us a regular no timer pass reset so people can get their hacked accounts back.
Umbra
Tester

by Goragar » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:04 pm

:mrgreen:
Goragar
Tester

by Zoey_Urbina » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm

I'd have to agree. 50% of the time when a person gets unauthorized access to another player's account, it's through a keylogger. The "wannabe hacker" will almost always also get access to the email associated with the account. S/he then proceeds to reset the password on the Nostalrius account, locking the original owner out. Which also starts the 24hour cooldown, now the "wannabe hacker" has 24 hours to do whatever he wants with the account. Not only steal everything it has, but begin botting or spamming/advertising gold services among other things. Most "wannabe hackers" are unable to lock the owner out of the email, or at least not for a long duration. Therefore, this cooldown is probably causing more bad than good.

P.S: Even if the owner gets the account back, the account would most likely have been banned during those 24 hours.
Zoey_Urbina
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kha » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:01 am

Viper wrote:Dear Community,

New features are now available on our website:
* Last IP address connected on your account,
* Password reset,
* Time remaining before unban (if you broke our Term of Use).

Stay tuned for more website features thanks to our web-developpers ;)

NB:
more than 7.000 likes on Facebook,
more than 1.000 followers on Twitter,
more than 3.500 subscribers on Youtube,
more than 180.000 accounts!

I welcome the new feature but as long as we still can't change the password from the web page, is kinda useless. For example, if some day I will forget my password, there should be an option to change it and not rely purely on admins. Please add that.
Kha
Sergeant
Sergeant

by eatbugs » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:52 am

Thank you for the update and the Features :)
eatbugs
Private
Private

by dancho » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:56 am

Ok.... I registred an account but seems like I wrote wrong password. Anyway atm i dont have access to this account. How to reset its password ? because i went on the site but I saw nothing new
dancho
Private
Private

by AverageJoe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:48 pm

dancho wrote:Ok.... I registred an account but seems like I wrote wrong password. Anyway atm i dont have access to this account. How to reset its password ? because i went on the site but I saw nothing new

Are you afraid to click around and explore the website? LOL! There's a new link at the top that says "LOGIN" and when you click it, there's a nice, pretty link in the center that says "Forgot your password?"
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by dancho » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Are you afraid to click around and explore the website?

Nah just blind. I need my glasses :) Thanks alot!
dancho
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Announcements