Alterac Valley pre-nerf release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley pre-nerf release

by macu67 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Neroist wrote:
Arise wrote:Will this also include the bg rep rewards?

bump

Viper wrote:All other features from patch 1.5 will become available when Alterac Valley is released.
A dedicated announcement will be made soon to describe all of the impacts this patch will have on our realm.
Another announcement will be out before the end of the week and will include patch notes of all of the content fixed in the few past weeks.

Is it so hard to read the announcement?
macu67
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sunty » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Why is this AV called pre-nerf? It is not the older map version, or am I wrong?

I can totally understand why Devs don´t want to do it, since the users would most likely have to modify their client data. But why do they label it as something it is not?

To me it seems like a modified current AV with old AV mechanics. Making it a hybrid, but not a "pre-nerf" AV.
sunty
Tester

by Unfazed » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:04 pm

STV Fishing?!
Toomuchhp - 19 Druid
Unfazed
Grunt
Grunt

by Cousy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:36 pm

sunty wrote:Why is this AV called pre-nerf? It is not the older map version, or am I wrong?

I can totally understand why Devs don´t want to do it, since the users would most likely have to modify their client data. But why do they label it as something it is not?

To me it seems like a modified current AV with old AV mechanics. Making it a hybrid, but not a "pre-nerf" AV.

The original map doesn't exist anymore. Having the old map is impossible afaik.
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Robotron » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Cousy wrote:
sunty wrote:Why is this AV called pre-nerf? It is not the older map version, or am I wrong?

The original map doesn't exist anymore. Having the old map is impossible afaik.

Sounds like the only way we'll ever see that is if Blizzard releases "true legacy" servers that progressively deploy the exact old patches.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by sunty » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Cousy wrote:The original map doesn't exist anymore. Having the old map is impossible afaik.

You misunderstood. I know it CAN be done by forcing every user to modify his client data. And I recognise it as a good reason as for not doing it that way.

BUT !!!

I have a problem with this half-solution as it is marketed right now. You simply can´t call it pre-nerf, it is something in between. It is confusing the players and misleading them, not an OK thing to do in my opinion.
sunty
Tester

by dmsephiroth » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Will they add the ubrs turban+ trinket with 1.5 too ?
dmsephiroth
Sergeant
Sergeant

by iambrucewayne » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:07 pm

It shouldn't. Rep rewards for WSG shouldn't come until 1.6 (BWL) and AB rep rewards shouldn't come until 1.7 (ZG).
iambrucewayne
Grunt
Grunt

by Arise » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:55 pm

iambrucewayne wrote:

It shouldn't. Rep rewards for WSG shouldn't come until 1.6 (BWL) and AB rep rewards shouldn't come until 1.7 (ZG).

That may be the case. But I would strongly advocate adding them this coming patch due to the fact that wsg was only added in 1.5 in retail and the rewards 1 patch after that.
Nostalrius however decided to have wsg and ab at release leading to the situation that now we are already waiting 4 months to be able to do something with our bg rep.
Arise
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by iambrucewayne » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Arise wrote:
iambrucewayne wrote:

That may be the case. But I would strongly advocate adding them this coming patch due to the fact that wsg was only added in 1.5 in retail and the rewards 1 patch after that.
Nostalrius however decided to have wsg and ab at release leading to the situation that now we are already waiting 4 months to be able to do something with our bg rep.

Except the implications are that of item balance if you release them too early.
iambrucewayne
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements