Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by Plask » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Azi wrote:
Plask wrote:
If people stopped crying about not being allowed to premade AV.

Your ignorance at its finest. The outrage (excluding whining of those who whine at literally anything) is not about not being able to premade AV. Nostalrius belongs to the staff and they can set whatever rules they can imagine after all. It's about banning people who didn't violate any rules under "abusing games mechanics" label, which never took place. But hey, it's a free server, right?

I like it how you put such a made up opinion on me.

People are crying because they got banned and think it wasn't justified.

I'm just telling them to deal with it and grow up. The world is not over, hopefully they will learn it's not allowed to cheat on this server. This whole crying for attention is just pathethic.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mobi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:27 pm

You're allowed to premade, just not via using the join as group option.

Which doesn't work anymore anyway, so there's no way to break the rules in this manner anymore anyway.
Mobi
Grunt
Grunt

by Necrosoft » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:13 pm

I agree with decision to ban, those people perfectly understand that its feature are not allowed. In fact, why there is no "join as group" option on AV? Because its not allowed to join as a group? Because you will ruin fun for other players when you create a premade?

Someone here post that it is a multiplayer game and people want to play together and achieve something together etc. But in fact, all what i see, is pubstomping premades playing vs 10-15 players who afking on AB or WSG. And what worse, those people prefer to SKIP other premades, created by opposite fraction. So, you dont want to get competitive playing experience, but rather want to fast rewards.

Im very glad that server staff ban those people temporarily, not because i dont like those people, but, because for now players will think twice, before creating illegal premade on AV.

And finally, im ENJOYING playing battlegrounds, after those pathetic Arathi and Warsong battlegrounds, when people starto afk from very start. No any fun to play like this.
Necrosoft
Tester

by hades » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:34 pm

So what exactly happend at latest AV patch besides lowering amount of rep after win and adding NPCs to mid?
hades
Private
Private

by Plask » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:39 am

hades wrote:So what exactly happend at latest AV patch besides lowering amount of rep after win and adding NPCs to mid?

Afaik they fixed respawn on warmasters now, and there is landmines in the field of strife aswell.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plazmawave » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:49 am

Kind of unwarranted, but I guess it wasn't a perma-ban.
Plazmawave
Tester

by Arael » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:29 am

Lualyrr wrote:more curious about what's up with AV que time today (at least horde side) ?
30min que for 1 game, then 49min que for another and so on.. :shock:
Or has everyone just stopped playing it after gettin exalted?

Most of them did it, especially PvE players, they got exalted rewards while AV was on "easy farm mode" and left the BGs.
Arael
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hammersplat » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Lualyrr wrote:more curious about what's up with AV que time today (at least horde side) ?

the alliance can get past Galv because we get one shotted by the mine layer who runs around every-where. So all there is to do is defend in a 2-3 hour game. So most ppl are probably herbing etc and waiting for them to fix AV before we queue again.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:22 pm

Hammersplat wrote:

the alliance can get past Galv because we get one shotted by the mine layer who runs around every-where. So all there is to do is defend in a 2-3 hour game. So most ppl are probably herbing etc and waiting for them to fix AV before we queue again.

It wouldn't be so bad if the Mine Layer didn't hit for more damage than the Warmasters and faster to top it off. Additionally, he respawns and all the mines on the field are instantly respawned even in games where the Frostwolf Explosives Expert is killed. The answer about what to do is even in the quest Defusing the Threat:

"If you want to make a solid strike against them, you must destroy their source of anti personnel munitions - I'm talking about their explosives expert. If you kill him, you are safe to disarm the mines. As long as he is kept down, the mines will also stay down.

You will probably find him in a tower near the Iceblood Garrison. Good luck! "

But this server seems to operate differently. The Explosives Expert is way the fuck in enemy territory and killing both NPCs seems to do nothing for a game because one of them will respawn when they should not and therefore they respawn all the mines.

Additional information:
- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313137052 -
"Every faction had explosive land mines in their respective side of the battleground. They dealt heavy fire damage if triggered and you had to search for the Explosive Master and the Mine Layer and kill those two elite npcs, hidden somewhere in the first buildings of the enemies territory. Once the elites who used to control the landmines were dead, the mines would stop respawning."
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lualyrr » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:43 am

Lualyrr wrote:more curious about what's up with AV que time recently (at least horde side) ?

que2.jpg
que2.jpg (114.94 KiB) Viewed 2121 times

I kinda give up, lol
Lualyrr
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements