by Pirawow » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:19 am

Best server ever.
Worst community ever.
Pirawow
Private
Private

Re: 5 months already!

by DeeMarie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:59 am

Rizzonico wrote:really? really? and wtf u said that u left the server but u are still here replying in every post just to criticize the staff. Just LEAVE.

You do understand no Grizzly was banned, but does seem like we're the only guild with the guts to call bullshit on those unfair bans. One day you might get banned for doing something Blizz-like and no one will be there to defend you.

Some of us are still playing here btw, five months hard investment is difficult to throw away, just we're no longer under the Grizzly umbrella. The Grizzlamic State has gone elsewhere.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by SnowFlakes » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:26 am

DeeMarie wrote:You do understand no Grizzly was banned, but does seem like we're the only guild with the guts to call bullshit on those unfair bans. One day you might get banned for doing something Blizz-like and no one will be there to defend you.

First they came for the bots, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a bot.

Then they came for the PTR testers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a PTR tester.

Then they came for the premade exploiters, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a premade exploiter.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

rip
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hashmire » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks to the Nostalrius developers/volunteers for the work they have put into this service. It isn't perfect, but it is better than I ever would have expected from a free service. Keep it up!
Hashmire
Grunt
Grunt

by Askental » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Well, that is a step in the right direction. Cheers!
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Suween » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:38 pm

DeeMarie wrote:
Rizzonico wrote:really? really? and wtf u said that u left the server but u are still here replying in every post just to criticize the staff. Just LEAVE.

You do understand no Grizzly was banned, but does seem like we're the only guild with the guts to call bullshit on those unfair bans. One day you might get banned for doing something Blizz-like and no one will be there to defend you.

Some of us are still playing here btw, five months hard investment is difficult to throw away, just we're no longer under the Grizzly umbrella. The Grizzlamic State has gone elsewhere.

Omfg its a fucking game get over yourself.. what do you think you are? A justice leader which people deserve but do not need right now? The guts?? loll...You are so edgy. Do you read yourself out loud before pressing Submit?
Who cares man, they fucking make up the rules, they decide which is good or not. There's 1000 things more important in this world than a fucking ban on a a stupid game on a privately run server... get over yourself... And you can always leave if you are not happy and make your own server... serisouly fucking neckbeards...
Suween
Tester

by euronmisc » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:14 pm

All drama aside, just wanted to say thanks for this sweet update.

After the drama I was really worried that we'd end up with some ED situation where everything is soonTM, passive aggressive community updates and randomly banning without explanation. But you guys couldn't have reassured me more. It's great to know what you guys are upto and it's appreciated a lot!!
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by loladdd » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:43 pm

make "Warsong Supplies" work and 1,000 people will be happy
loladdd
Tester

by DeeMarie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Suween wrote:Omfg its a fucking game get over yourself.. what do you think you are? A justice leader which people deserve but do not need right now? The guts?? loll...You are so edgy. Do you read yourself out loud before pressing Submit?
Who cares man, they fucking make up the rules, they decide which is good or not. There's 1000 things more important in this world than a fucking ban on a a stupid game on a privately run server... get over yourself... And you can always leave if you are not happy and make your own server... serisouly fucking neckbeards...

You forgot 'it's free!' :P
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by diogenes » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 am

DeeMarie wrote:One day you might get banned for doing something Blizz-like and no one will be there to defend you.

I really don't like the "blizz-like" comparison, because it really is subject to interpretation. Sure you could use auto-unstuck to hearth every 15 minutes, but its obviously been a choice of this server to not allow such things.

While I will agree, that it might have been a little over the top to outright ban people for a week, give Nostralius some credit, they've got an image to keep up. Look at it this way, if they don't dish out a hard enough punishment, then they get accused of catering to a certain player base (remind you of any other private servers?) If they dish out a harsh punishment, people get outraged for something that could arguably been addressed by simply telling people to stop and do it no longer.

There really is no way Nostralius could have won with what happened once they decided they did not intend for people to group queue. Sure, they are certainly to blame for not testing the group queue api, but that doesn't necessarily mean that someone should have abused it. At best, it was ambiguous as to whether or not this should have been allowed. Feenix never allowed group queueing, and they allow you to use the unstuck trick every 15 min, where do you think Nost is going to come down with respect to group queueing AV?

I really don't like the argument that I just used: "if you question its legality, don't do it," because that just cripple's people from making decisions. However, the thing that frustrates me the most about this is this all could have been solved, if they just used AV enabler to synchronize their queues. But no, they wanted to be able to queue everyone even though not everyone was near a battlemaster.

Give me a break, they could have easily had premades and not used the API command for group queueing. That's whats so frustrating about this.
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements