Blackwing Lair available on PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blackwing Lair available on PTR

by Solmyr » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:11 am

Viper wrote:If you want us to reset an ID related to PTR realm for deeper testing, don't hesitate to ask.

A very kind offer. If you would allow me, it would be very useful to both the testers and the developers if single bosses could be respawned. An ID reset entails that a guild needs to clear everything anew and if a certain boss needs to be tested again (e.g. Chromaggus/Nefarian), a fresh ID would require hours to reach him.

Moreover, currently Nefarian disappears for 15 minutes after a wipe. Although this is indeed blizzlike, it is very inconvenient for testing purposes, as even if you wipe on purpose in order to test him further, the downtime is significant.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nano » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:29 am

Solmyr wrote:
Viper wrote:If you want us to reset an ID related to PTR realm for deeper testing, don't hesitate to ask.

A very kind offer. If you would allow me, it would be very useful to both the testers and the developers if single bosses could be respawned. An ID reset entails that a guild needs to clear everything anew and if a certain boss needs to be tested again (e.g. Chromaggus/Nefarian), a fresh ID would require hours to reach him.

Moreover, currently Nefarian disappears for 15 minutes after a wipe. Although this is indeed blizzlike, it is very inconvenient for testing purposes, as even if you wipe on purpose in order to test him further, the downtime is significant.

This is also possible. If you have a desire to test a specific issue, PM me and we can set up a time for testing. You can also message me when you're planning to test and I can do my best to be present.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Vices » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Will there be a reply in this thread or posts on the tracker once the first round of fixes has been applied?
hello
Vices
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Syphonize » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Youfie wrote:What exactly is this exploit?

You used to be able to cast Mind Vison (and whatever other debuffs such as Weakened Soul) on your MT to knock Burning Adrenaline off his debuff list since you could only have 8 debuffs. This would get rid of the entire tank swap mechanism in the encounter since the MT would not die. Each Priest's Mind Vision would use one debuff slot, making it incredibly easy to reach the limit of 8.

Apologies if I remember incorrectly, but from what I remember this was one of the reasons the debuff limit was originally increased to 16, in order to make this "exploit" virtually impossible since it would require too many Priests.

While the debuff limit was only increased in the ZG patch and it would not technically be "blizz-like" to change it earlier, I do believe it would be an incredibly good decision to increase the limit. It would also have the side-effect of allowing more classes/specs to become both desirable in raids as well as competitive.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Syphonize wrote:
Youfie wrote:What exactly is this exploit?

You used to be able to cast Mind Vison (and whatever other debuffs such as Weakened Soul) on your MT to knock Burning Adrenaline off his debuff list since you could only have 8 debuffs. This would get rid of the entire tank swap mechanism in the encounter since the MT would not die. Each Priest's Mind Vision would use one debuff slot, making it incredibly easy to reach the limit of 8.

Apologies if I remember incorrectly, but from what I remember this was one of the reasons the debuff limit was originally increased to 16, in order to make this "exploit" virtually impossible since it would require too many Priests.

While the debuff limit was only increased in the ZG patch and it would not technically be "blizz-like" to change it earlier, I do believe it would be an incredibly good decision to increase the limit. It would also have the side-effect of allowing more classes/specs to become both desirable in raids as well as competitive.

Okay, I see.

Another way of easily fixing this exploit without raising the limit too early would be to put Burning Adrenaline Debuff the highest priority, so that it can't be bumped off. As simple as that, wouldn't it?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Karain » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Will there be another character copy for the PTR?
Karain
Tester

by Nano » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Mind vision exploit doesn't work here. No worries.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Arev » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Karain wrote:Will there be another character copy for the PTR?

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19198

Pottu wrote:Unfortunately this is not possible. The player copy process is a mass batch operation done once and only once. After BWL testing is finished, the server will be wiped and a new player copy will be made for the next test.
Arevor - <Dankk Budz Collective>
Arev
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Syphonize » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:43 pm

Youfie wrote:Okay, I see.

Another way of easily fixing this exploit without raising the limit too early would be to put Burning Adrenaline Debuff the highest priority, so that it can't be bumped off. As simple as that, wouldn't it?

That should work, although that would just as "non-blizzlike" as increasing debuff slots I think, for what it's worth. I don't think there are too many negatives to doing so earlier.
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Stalk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Syphonize wrote:
Youfie wrote:Okay, I see.

That should work, although that would just as "non-blizzlike" as increasing debuff slots I think, for what it's worth. I don't think there are too many negatives to doing so earlier.

No... this exploit was fixed in Patch 1.8.0:

"Fixed a bug that caused the debuff "Burning Adrenaline" to be removed if enough other debuffs were applied to the target. "
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements