by roland79 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Cool! Great addition to the game
roland79
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: [2015/09/09] Elemental invasions

by Badtank » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 pm

DrearyYew wrote:
Mr_Rosh wrote:Meh.... An announcement about PvE server would be better. Just saying...

You say this in literally every thread, and it in no way contributes positively to the discussion

Wanna start placing bets on how long these pve kiddies even last on their funhouse server?

This is a nice little addition, thanks.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Orc_Hunter » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:42 pm

Badtank wrote:
DrearyYew wrote:
Mr_Rosh wrote:Meh.... An announcement about PvE server would be better. Just saying...

You say this in literally every thread, and it in no way contributes positively to the discussion

Wanna start placing bets on how long these pve kiddies even last on their funhouse server?

This is a nice little addition, thanks.

Kiddies? As a 40+ year old man that is awaiting the PvE server, I'm flattered by such terms! Oh, to be young again... :D
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Coreborn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:20 am

I look at it this way!

Most people who are attracted to pvp servers are the same kind of gamer who are attracted to games such as league of legends, defense of the ancients, call of duty etc. In other words, the e-sport and fps crowd.

But i don't belong to that crowd, and that crowd surely don't interest me at all. I belong to the ultima online, darkfall hardcore pvp full loot mmorpg crowd. What i seek after in mmos is unpredictability and tension building.

a pvp server is way to predictable. Red is dead, and thats pretty much the whole game.
Just as the e-sports and fps crowd are used too, since that's their thing.

But a pvp server can never create unpredictability and tension. The only server type for wow that can do this is a pve server where one of the parts are pvp flagged. The only server type where i have had so bad reputation that i had a bounty on my head was on a pve server. The only server type where i was chased from one continent to another was on a pve server. For me pve servers have better world pvp than pvp servers.
Coreborn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ravester » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:34 am

Please people don't kill the elemental bosses, let me farm some of their minions first xD

Coreborn wrote:I look at it this way!

Most people who are attracted to pvp servers are the same kind of gamer who are attracted to games such as league of legends, defense of the ancients, call of duty etc. In other words, the e-sport and fps crowd.

But i don't belong to that crowd, and that crowd surely don't interest me at all. I belong to the ultima online, darkfall hardcore pvp full loot mmorpg crowd. What i seek after in mmos is unpredictability and tension building.

a pvp server is way to predictable. Red is dead, and thats pretty much the whole game.

But a pvp server can never create unpredictability and tension. The only server type for wow that can do this is a pve server where one of the parts are pvp flagged. The only server type where i have had so bad reputation that i had a bounty on my head was on a pve server. The only server type where i was chased from one continent to another was on a pve server. For me pve servers have better world pvp than pvp servers.

You nailed it. These pvp kids are the new "college jocks" which bully others to feel the illusion that they are strong (thanks to the rpg nerds from the past which make possible a virtual social game to this kind of people experience. Oh! the irony) 8-)
Also, "red=dead" tends to break game's immersion sometimes.
ravester
Private
Private

by Hogbobson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:00 am

I honestly didn't know this was a thing but I love it! So awesome. O:
Hogbobson
Grunt
Grunt

by Mr_Rosh » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:15 am

Truth has been spoken.
Mr_Rosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Natla » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 am

How can you have a bounty on your head when the players you're killing have specified that they want to pvp ? I mean how can players be annoyed enough to put a bounty on your head when they just have to remove their pvp flag ? (Unless if you were invisible, waiting near players they aoe mobs in order to make them unintentionally activate the pvp flag)
Natla
Grunt
Grunt

by Doofoos » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:18 am

pve ppl, i know you are hyped, but please, stick to your threads
im already sick of this conversations, they are basically everywhere
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major