Server maintenance & server instability

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Server maintenance & server instability

by Rumpelholz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Nef is still bugged as hell and guild keep killing a broken boss so, they should close it anyway......
Rumpelholz
Private
Private

by MasterQuaster » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Well okay I didn't have notice of this yet. Maybe it would help to remove the wohle 1.6 patch? Don't know but it feels very uncomfortable to play this atm.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by beefjerky » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:11 pm

:roll: Just my 2 pennies but last time I seen a server act like this, it was due to a corruption in the database.
There are signs of it throughout the game. Scripts that used to work now say <error>
quests that were ok are no gone or showing up as a repeatable one. I believe until the database is re-indexed/repaired this will continue to cause server crashes and further corruption.
beefjerky
Private
Private

by Rumpelholz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:15 pm

beefjerky wrote::roll: Just my 2 pennies but last time I seen a server act like this, it was due to a corruption in the database.
There are signs of it throughout the game. Scripts that used to work now say <error>
quests that were ok are no gone or showing up as a repeatable one. I believe until the database is re-indexed/repaired this will continue to cause server crashes and further corruption.

I notice, that many bugs are back....weird mob movement and pathing issues, some quest that worked finde have some issues, strange things are Happening....
Rumpelholz
Private
Private

by darkwithin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:18 pm

beefjerky wrote::roll: Just my 2 pennies but last time I seen a server act like this, it was due to a corruption in the database.

I get refused by server. thrown out when athenticating.
several hourse of this.
darkwithin
Tester

by Rathemeck » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:14 pm

I still give these guys a lot of credit. They have a server that has a huge population and FOR FREE they are trying to provide a place for us to re-experience WoW.

Cant ask for much when you either 1) aren't doing anything to help 2) aren't paying a single red cent to anyone.

Just saying.
Rathemeck
Grunt
Grunt

by beefjerky » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:54 pm

I think they are doing an excellent job considering the overwhelming population boom. The best part of this server is it is not pay to win. It is the only server I have found that is Blizz like and NOT pay to win.
They will get the bugs worked out.

Retail Blizz had to shut servers down every week and you know why? database indexing / repair. it takes a long time and even the retail servers would show signs of bugs and broken quests when Blizz skipped maintenance for more than 3 weeks.

I am trying to be helpful with my suggestion about the database. I can only imagine what all the server crashes have done to it. Roll backs are suppose to prevent corruption to it but sometimes it does not always work.
beefjerky
Private
Private

by Hawt » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:19 pm

Daemon wrote:One hour of maintenance is remaining.
Several well hidden crash sources have been identified.
So far, all the crashes/errors identified have been fixed.

We will give you more technical information on the patchnote tomorrow.

When is the patchnote coming? :)
Hawt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pokeypointy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:22 pm

I hope the patchnotes aren't coming anytime soon, they are far from being done.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kaiji » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Just had the third time I've seen the server crash immediately after someone loots the executioner's key in ZF.

Maybe worth looking into, or it could be sheer coincidence.
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements