A powerful portal...

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: A powerful portal...

by Shmooglavoue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:16 am

Lighthammer wrote:About it not being Blizzlike. The most un-Blizzlike feature of this server is that we all know exactly what awaits us. We know the bosses, the loot, the events, the quests, everything that will be released we've seen before. If anything, a random new event with some story attached to it is the most Blizzlike I've seen on any server. I hope they will develop new dungeons or bosses so that we can have the same feeling of wonder as we did back then (and still if you play retail).

The whole area of the emerald dream is in the game files, it's just empty. Can't be that hard to put something in it? What about below Karazhan or making Azshara the battleground it was supposed to be? I welcome these additions.

Here's a youtube channel that shows off the various random areas bliz put into the game but never finished (or in some cases cut back on) developing content for. This video is Emerald Dream in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKcYAHg ... ZByAAMBxJn

While Emerald Dream had some interesting design put into it, most of it is massively incomplete, and "finishing" it would require the Nost dev team taking up the mantel of environment design, which I sincerely doubt they are willing to do.

Still, there are other dungeons that are complete environment-wise, like the infamous Karazhan crypt and the old unused version of Karazhan. If there's anywhere that's good for custom content, it'd be places like those. Honestly though, I'm surprised that they're trying to do custom content at all, and I'm curious as to what they actually end up doing.
Shmooglavoue
Private
Private

by Nightwolve » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:54 am

PVE Realm hype!!!
Nightwolve
Private
Private

by coupdegrace » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:08 am

SPOILER ALERT

Its arena's! like another alternative for bgs. and then you get alot of honor for arena wins.

Would be great to add that, with some leader boards aswell.

A Troll Warrior can only hope right?
coupdegrace
Grunt
Grunt

by notgunnahappen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:08 am

They just locked the other PvE realm thread. I'd be shocked if they just aren't having fun with the thought of another realm
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shimmerleaf » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:14 am

I'm not playing the game or working on any characters at the moment, as I am waiting for the release of the PvE server. As a result, I won't be able to attend this event. However, I wish I knew what they are trying to do. They have been very unclear and provided no explanation, despite people asking for one. I can understand their desire to build suspense, but for times like these clear communication is important.
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Diametra » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:41 am

Another issue was that stone from the Dark portal were so heavy that the new portal couldn't be built too far from the existing one...
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by psyvd25 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:30 am

and where is this portal? BB?
psyvd25
Tester

by GRUHA » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:19 am

why always saturday?! on this day ppl go to get drunk not playing ~~ next event should make on sunday ~~
GRUHA
Private
Private

by Pokeypointy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:33 am

GRUHA wrote:why always saturday?! on this day ppl go to get drunk not playing ~~ next event should make on sunday ~~

Because they have an announcement on sunday. You could do them both the same day but that would just take away pr-value from both cases.

Go get drunk by all means, the portal event will probably be miniscule anyway as it is a custom content event in order to fix something problematic most likely.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Starbright » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:24 am

DMF hype _^^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_
<Guildmaster of Return>
Starbright
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements