New website is live!

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: New website is live!

by illutian » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Suggestion:

Have the community submit screenshots for the homepage.....the site really should have crisp shots to really showcase the world.

Other than that...very spiffy :D
illutian
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shimmerleaf » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Syrah wrote:Hello,

Thank you for such a positive feedback, it is quite heartwarming and motivating. The team is currently working to fix the streams, some talents tooltips and the CSS for a better responsiveness.

If you find some bugs, grammar mistakes, etc, please send me a PM.

Best regards,
Syrah.

It really is very nice looking, I like it a great deal more than the old homepage. You all did a wonderful job with it! I would agree that it would be better to have high resolution images, as some do appear a bit blurry, but it is not a great concern to me. I'm also very glad that you have added a way to tell how many players are online, and how many are playing which faction. It would be nice to have the numbers in percentage, however, in order to make it easier to tell them apart. Also, regarding grammar mistakes, I have only found one. It is negligible, but I wanted to mention it just in case. Under Information, Project Specifics, and Maintainability, it reads: "Teams and players working all together to maintain the biggest server every made." Instead of ever made, it is every made. It's nothing significant, but I thought I should mention it.
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shad0wsong » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:53 pm

First I tried to log in with the same info I use here, thinking maybe everything was just transferred.
It didn't recognize me.
So I tried to register using the same info as here. Then it said:
Registration failed! This username is already taken.

If it doesn't recognize me when I try to log in with my user name, meaning it's not there, how can it then turn around and tell me that the name is already taken? Does this mean that someone else took my name from here?

Do we have to make up a completely new account name and password?

Any help straightening out this confusion will be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)
Shad0wsong
Grunt
Grunt

by Glimwow » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Loving the new website, nice work.
Glimwow
Private
Private

by Mdmadam » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Well done. Not impressed easily and this website stands out among ALL the other private servers I've seen thus far. This is actually very professional and could very well attract more traffic, assuming that was the intentions.
Mdmadam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Trozzul » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:21 am

i dont go against the stream addition, but hasent blizzard been shutting down private server streams lately?
Trozzul
Tester

by illutian » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:21 am

Trozzul wrote:i dont go against the stream addition, but hasent blizzard been shutting down private server streams lately?

From what I know, they have, but they only seem to be targeting TwitchTV for that. Unless the community backlash was great enough for them to stop...but I doubt it.

Though, not to "dis" any of the streamers, but they aren't truly that serious about their Twitch channel; if they were, they wouldn't risk it being banned. Mostly they just have 'burner accounts'. And if those get shutdown then they'll just make new ones and start again. Only one who actually stopped specifically because of the Blizzard threat was SpiritBoar.
illutian
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by candyb » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 am

Password recovery: you can now instantly recover your password with your email. The 10 days inactivity are not required anymore.

This is the single best thing. It's hard to believe it took the time, but damn it's good that you got this! Security is important.
candyb
Sergeant
Sergeant

by AgentMulder » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:17 pm

New website looks awesome. The rogue talent calculator isn't working however...it's not accepting any input. All other talent calcs are working fine.
AgentMulder
Grunt
Grunt

by Aquane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:54 pm

is anyone else getting a blank white screen when going to the website now?
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements