Dragons of Nightmare on PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Dragons of Nightmare on PTR

by Syrah » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Dear community,

in order to provide you the most polished and highest quality content possible, we have created a new dedicated realm to test future content without impacting the live realm performance.

Next Sunday - 17/01/2016 - the Dragons of Nightmare will all be available on the PTR at 8pm server time.

The following items need reviewing:
* Spells,
* Exploits,
* Behavior,
* Mechanics,
* Creature positioning,
* Texts (if any).

As this content does not need all of our players to test it, the same players who tested Zul'Gurub will have access to the PTR. This means that players who had reached level 60 on the live realm by 10/10/2015 will have access.
The reasons why we are not doing a new PTR database copy are due to the small nature of this PTR session and the strain a database copy puts on our servers.

We expect reports from each participating guild and we want these reports to be as comprehensive as possible on our Bugtracker.

Note that it is mandatory to back your reports up with official links and sources to ensure that the issue is valid. If the reports are not complete - e.g. lacking content or source - it will be marked as "invalid" without further notice. Reports will only be accepted through the Bugtracker, do not create tickets or forum threads as these will not be reviewed.

Feel free to share your experiences on the PTR with everyone through streams, videos, etc. Don't be afraid to make it public!

Our Twitter feed will be used to give some status updates during the fix week, follow us to keep yourself up-to-date.

Best regards,
Nostalrius
Syrah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Dragons of Nightmare on PTR

by Robotron » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:04 pm

woop
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Valgatur » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:56 pm

I have a feeling that Robotron is lurking on the forums 24/7 just to post first on any announcement :p
Valgatur
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:43 pm

It was just dumb luck. It's nice seeing us get one step closer to AQ40.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Imbaslap » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:32 am

Valgatur wrote:I have a feeling that Robotron is lurking on the forums 24/7 just to post first on any announcement :p

he lurks because the game world is full of cows serenading him.

also questions about the PTR test,
are all 4 of the dragons going to be up with increased respawn timers for guilds to test? (also all 4 locations have a dragon so we don't have 500 people at 1 spot)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Noxx » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:23 am

Time to get some fun Vurtne footage :)
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Moshu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:12 pm

Does that mean you are done with fixing old content for now?
AV still needs heaps of fixes for example.
Moshu
Grunt
Grunt

by weeezing » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:12 pm

How long will the PTR session be and can we expect full GM cooperation to reset dragons and (once tested that it works) death debuffs etc on a running basis?
Djseppelx - Magus Fantasticus

I had to change my last sig because I was burnt too badly.

All I would ever want and need is a hug
weeezing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Slicy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:16 pm

weeezing wrote:How long will the PTR session be and can we expect full GM cooperation to reset dragons and (once tested that it works) death debuffs etc on a running basis?
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nano » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:00 pm

There should be at least one person on the PTR throughout the day for testing. We don't expect this PTR session to be very long; the plan currently is just this Sunday.

As a reminder, there are two main areas that need testing: The Green Dragons and the updated Silithus quests with Wind Stone farming.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Announcements