Clarification regarding language on public channel

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Clarification regarding language on public channel

by Betta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:33 pm

This just in; Nost admins/devs still don't care. We will just have to ride this out until there are 100k active players at peak hours with a 1 minute delay per movement. It will be like playing wow-based Chess. Your move.. Make sure it's a good one.

inb4 PvE Carebears try convincing us to sacrifice free-reign open world PvP for reduced pop/lag. (not happening)
I'm just Betta than you..
Betta
Grunt
Grunt

by Niko » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Well, we don't know if Nostal owners actually pack a few arab oil billions in their pocket.
Perhaps sercret Prince Alil-Shabab from Curse.com project secretly sponsoring ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

We don't know gentlemen, we don't know.....
but if they do.....
they can raise pop to 30k ! easy.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by incredyo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:15 am

The real problem is the population size not what language they are talking
incredyo
Tester

by Mchayes » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:24 am

incredyo wrote:The real problem is the population size not what language they are talking

yeah, i fucking hate english in world chat. pfffff
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bazinga » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:44 am

canitnerd wrote:Meanwhile, most euro/NA players DO speak English.

:lol: :lol: :roll:
Bazinga
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Krumz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:40 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic
Krumz
Private
Private

by Dish » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:42 am

Spam
Reason: Spam
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Allstar » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:42 am

Spam
Reason: Spam, insults
Allstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Soyoen » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:22 pm

canitnerd wrote:
Soyoen wrote:Granted, it would probably be a good idea to provide them with a server of their own - but in the name of racism that would imply that every region (EU/NA/.../CHINA) should get their own server.

The bandaid solution the community is asking for (a second pvp server) is mediocre at best, do you honestly believe that no chineese players would start over at that realm as well? Unless there are free transfers whilst having the same timeline as the original realm AND being EU/NA restricted (this wont happen), it wont make a dent in the population showing on Nostalrius PvP.[/color]

There is no "racism" here. The FACT of the matter is most Chinese players do not speak English, either because of inability or choice. Meanwhile, most euro/NA players DO speak English. Because Vanilla WoW is a game that entirely relies on players interacting with each other, and because a huge portion of the player base is incapable of interacting meaningfully with the rest of it, it makes sense to solve the overpopulation issue by splitting these populations up. Make a second server, open free transfers to it. Ping lock the main server. Problems solved.

What makes sense is not always the optimal solution in terms of management. Aside from that Nostalrius team has no real reason to remove the freedom of choice for one specific large part of their playerbase, if they open up another realm it will likely be available for all nationalities and countries. I'm not arguing that there are issues interacting with chinese players, hell I try to avoid them regardless of game due to my perceptions of playing with some of them throughout the past. Then again, I've had equally bad if not worse experiences with western kids.

I do agree that Vanilla WoW relies on players interacting with each other, but most of all the game is about building communities be it in terms of a server, guild, raid or party community. When you have a large server there is bound to be different subcommunities on the server, and all those who make the active choice of playing on such a large server needs to accept that not everyone will speak their language, be polite or follow their cultural core values. Regardless of that, these players should not have their choice to play on this server or any other server removed, unless they are repeatedly breaking the ToU.

Obviously, I would not mind a second PvP server as long as the content progression is on pair with the current PvP server, or faster than the PvE server.
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Funkazaur » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:44 pm

So how about that population cap.
Funkazaur
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements