nice work :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you stupid or are you trolling?

:roll:
Furilol
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Clarification regarding language on public channel

by Beasleyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Hop into any AV game at 10am server time and tell me that the Asian population has not become a serious problem. This segment of the population refuses to communicate, cooperate, or integrate with the English speaking player base and it is killing the gaming experience for everyone. "English is the official language", whatever you say. The players are now dealing with the consequences of the devs PC policies for non-English speaking players.

This change will do nothing. BGs will still be spammed with random numbers, "BL", etc. and a majority of the players will not be able to communicate we the rest of the team. The Chinese client needs to be completely banned from the server. If the devs refuse the acknowledge the real issue, and that is the CHINESE player base, then this server will be lost by AQ.
Beasleyboy
Private
Private

by Heldunder » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:14 pm

honestly, im glad youre all "reading" our complaints. but your solution isnt going to fix the given issue. :/
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ysomad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:55 am

mozibake wrote:[My favorite is 妬, being 女(woman) and 石(stone/gem) and meaning "jealousy"]

妬心 = jealousy
Ysomad
Grunt
Grunt

by Bentreznor » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:42 am

After following this discussion for some time I thought I'd chime in. While leveling I tend not to run into many people who don't speak English, so I don't know how it is after the level 40's. Anyway, with that said my stance on the idea of separating the two populations based on language barriers is that I believe it's a good idea for a number of reasons.

Firstly, Blizzard does it. They separate by each language of course because they have the population to support it, but it isn't a matter of racism or fear of not being PC or whatever it is. It's because that's the only way a game with open communication works. That's why an official language was implemented in the first place.

Secondly, the devs are obviously pleading the 5th in this case. They don't know what to do. Although given the recent non-solution to the problem makes it seem as though they intend to let it ride and see what happens. I'm guessing only when something devastating to the population is on the horizon will they begin to take desperate action.

Thirdly, what if the population of Chinese speaking players increases to the point they are an overwhelming majority? Then you have quite literally what everyone is arguing over: a Chinese speaking server. This is the reason people separate servers because no matter what, if you have two large populations that are different, they will separate themselves without any encouragement and despite what most millennials believe, that's not racism. People with things in common gravitate toward one another if it's convenient.

Fourthly, what are we going to do about herbs? Ore? Do we increase the respawn rate? What about crouded quests? If everyone is supposed to live in harmony, I do feel we are at least entitled to an answer to how we are supposed to do that.

Lastly, why not crank up the heat on gold farming? That seems logical and fair. It might not solve the problem, but at least it would help.

I do love this server and I'm very grateful for the work everyone has done. I hope to stick around in the future. Thank you.
Bentreznor
Tester

by Drain » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:20 am

No more empty spam lines in my chat box everyday. Can't complain about that.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by joeranimo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:50 am

its nice that the devs try do manage the problem concerning the language problem, but these steps dont help at all :(
im lvling a druid on aliance and im feeling like 2/3 of the ppl around dont understand me at all.
i get invited to grps and are instantly confronted with empty lines.
i get whispers with empty lines, then i ask the ppl to write in english and get even more empty lines.
i started a grp for a patrolquest with 4 other ppl, then 3 started to chat in russian or chinese i guess, all i saw were empty lines.
its just sad, that ppl start quests, kill mobs etc u need because they simply dont understand you, when u ask them to wait.
this is getting rly frustrating and i start to feel that im part of the english speaking minority.
is this intended?
im happy nostalrius excists and i can understand, that ppl from everywhere want to play here, but being unable to talk to anyone sucks.

its like having two different server-communities squeezed into one server without being able to work together.
i can imagine that this leads to many more problem especialy when i think about bgs on higher lvl.

it would be nice to hear some devs opinion about the way this is going to be managed in the future.
joeranimo
Private
Private

by asdfasdfasdfsdaffdas » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:45 am

Furilol wrote:
asdfasdfasdfsdaffdas wrote:Image
http://imgur.com/oZLRhrY

nice work :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you stupid or are you trolling?

:roll:

i dont get it? they use chinese language and that's not allowed anymore :arrow: :?:
asdfasdfasdfsdaffdas
Grunt
Grunt

by Sponza » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:46 am

Just remove the custom made channels and keep with the official ones and mute everyone who actually tries to communicate in any other language except English inside those default channels.
Sponza
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxit » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:52 am

srsly what would this going to help the server's delay and the population increase for ea day it goes. Dont mention all the gold/account seller or herb/node bots wich is 90% Chinese. I guess the nost staff are just bending over for the great wall
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements