Clarification regarding language on public channel

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Clarification regarding language on public channel

by Tfinger » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Lastly, why not crank up the heat on gold farming? That seems logical and fair. It might not solve the problem, but at least it would help.

Mail 200g to someone, anyone. I promise you both of you will get banned within 5 minutes. The current auto-detection is so intense that legit players are being banned all the time. Person in my guild has been banned 6 times by the auto system and unbanned within minutes of posting on ban appeal section
Tfinger
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:05 pm

i honestly dont see this as a language problem at all. you dont talk to 90% of the server anyway. what matters is the overall SIZE of the communities. its too large. And this comes from a person who likes higher pop servers. the game isnt designed to support this many 60s
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by PeaceHammer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Heldunder wrote:i honestly dont see this as a language problem at all. you dont talk to 90% of the server anyway. what matters is the overall SIZE of the communities. its too large. And this comes from a person who likes higher pop servers. the game isnt designed to support this many 60s

I agree. I mean, I do believe english only in global channels needs to be enforced more, it's not my main concern. It's just that the pop is simply too big at this point. I'm very curious what the breaking point is for Nos. Like the devs must have a particular number where they say, okay now we NEED to make a new server. 13k? Nope, we already hit that. 15k?! OMG...
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Margatroid » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:51 am

PeaceHammer wrote:
Heldunder wrote:i honestly dont see this as a language problem at all. you dont talk to 90% of the server anyway. what matters is the overall SIZE of the communities. its too large. And this comes from a person who likes higher pop servers. the game isnt designed to support this many 60s

I agree. I mean, I do believe english only in global channels needs to be enforced more, it's not my main concern. It's just that the pop is simply too big at this point. I'm very curious what the breaking point is for Nos. Like the devs must have a particular number where they say, okay now we NEED to make a new server. 13k? Nope, we already hit that. 15k?! OMG...

I think it's starting to become very clear that the goal of the devs is not to create the best possible experience for their players, but rather to have as big a server as possible to satisfy their own egos, epenis sizes, etc. They should have created a second PVP server months ago. Nostalrius suffers horribly in probably hundreds of ways from the ridiculously huge playerbase, and listing all the problems that come from the current population size would be exhausting. The devs don't listen to their players anyway, which is evident from the absurd OP of this thread, the community reactions to the OP, and the refusal to genuinely engage with the community concerning those reactions.

This server no longer approximates a vanilla WoW experience, and the devs seem to have no desire to provide that kind of experience for their players.
Margatroid
Grunt
Grunt

by narutomaster » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:58 am

Do you think any of the chinese read your post, Viper ?

You didn't even mention the real problem, China.

They don't give a fuck about the community, calling english speaking people racists won't solve anything.

I didn't play for the last 2 months btw, good job getting rid of your active community to catter to gold sellers.
narutomaster
Private
Private

by lycos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 am

So, you are going to let a very large player base to play even if they don't have the ability to communicate in English. We will play bg without communicate. Most Chinese can't or not willing anyway to write english. And now you let them do it official. I am sure you can imagine what this means for bgs.

Btw, the chinese already overpopulate the pvp server. You don't see them talking at all but you understand it from their names. If you don't force everyone to communicate in English soon the pvp server will be the chinese dedicated server you don't plan to open....

PS
English isn't my native language
lycos
Grunt
Grunt

by Tis » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:41 am

Language is hardly the issue. The issue is poor game quality caused by lag and overpopulation.

I assume not many staff members actually play on the server at peak times as if that was the case your proposed solution wouldn't be merely "we're working on an amazing code which will reduce lag at 12K" - you would know that this can't be a permanent solution and the game will never be able to handle this amount of players without sacrificing game quality.

Please consider a second PvP servers with possible transfers and provide options to donate for its maintenance.
Tis
Private
Private

by Bentreznor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Tfinger wrote:
Lastly, why not crank up the heat on gold farming? That seems logical and fair. It might not solve the problem, but at least it would help.

Mail 200g to someone, anyone. I promise you both of you will get banned within 5 minutes. The current auto-detection is so intense that legit players are being banned all the time. Person in my guild has been banned 6 times by the auto system and unbanned within minutes of posting on ban appeal section

That sounds really inefficient and easy to work around. Can't they just track chat logs of people transferring large amounts of gold? Or chat logs of known gold sellers/buyers?
Bentreznor
Tester

by Tfinger » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Bentreznor wrote:
Tfinger wrote:

That sounds really inefficient and easy to work around. Can't they just track chat logs of people transferring large amounts of gold? Or chat logs of known gold sellers/buyers?

They do. Try talking in trade or world chat below level 10 and trying to sell [random BoE epic here]; you'll get banned by their 'chat protection'

The population is so huge the staff needs a lot of automation to keep up with it all, which isn't a good thing
Tfinger
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements