Patchnote - 12/03

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Patchnote - 12/03

by Maktaz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:33 pm

triggerlily wrote:
Maktaz wrote:
My proof is that i have higher than a 3rd grade reading comprehension level

If you literally just read the talent tooltip you will realize im right and that every time a spell is dealing damage, i.e. channeling spells like arcane missiles and blizzard; the clearcasting proc should have a chance to trigger.

There is no need for "proof". The talent tooltip says each time the spell deals damage, not when it is cast.

I think it's you that needs to brush up on his reading comprehension. Arcane Missiles is ONE damage spell, not five damage spells. Following your logic the Clearcasting state should only make your first Arcane Missile free and make you pay for the other four missiles, should you choose to use your clearcast to cast Arcane Missiles. That is just plain wrong.

If you say that each seperate Missile is a damage spell for the purpose of the first part of the talent, then it should apply to the second half of the talent as well, since the wording is exactly the same, i.e. "any damage spell".

Thanks for stepping away from your fry cooker for 5 minutes to post this great response. Arcane missiles is a channeled spell that deals 5 separate instances of direct damage to the target. By the sheer definition of the talents tooltip - each missile that hits the target and does damage should be given the opportunity to proc clearcasting. If you are too retarded to understand this then please dont try and argue this any further.

You are completely missing the point, but I see you have to resort to calling others retarded when faced with a counter argument, so I'll just leave it at this:

Get a movie from retail showing how it shoudl work, or GTFO.
Maktaz
Grunt
Grunt

by triggerlily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Maktaz wrote:
You are completely missing the point, but I see you have to resort to calling others retarded when faced with a counter argument, so I'll just leave it at this:

Get a movie from retail showing how it shoudl work, or GTFO.

Sorry i dont have videos or care to put the time into finding any from 10 years ago u fucking idiot. You dont need a video for proof when you can just read the tooltip of the fucking talent and understand that im correct. Thanks for not replying anymore with your autism
triggerlily
Private
Private

by Youfie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Guys, please.

A tooltip wording isn't a proof in itself. It can be a "hint" if we have absolutely no other evidence, but that's it. There are several examples of unclear tooltips that don't describe their mechanism exactly of strictly. In our case in doesn't even apply as the Clearcasting tooltip states that it has a chance to proc for each "..SPELL". AM is one single spell. End of story.

And in our case, in additiopn to this, we DO have reliable post from reliable sources (Elitist Jerks) from back in the days saying AM had only one proc chance.

If you think we'remistaken Triggerlily, just find a proof yourself :/.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by shadesofjoe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Youfie wrote: In our case in doesn't even apply as the Clearcasting tooltip states that it has a chance to proc for each "..SPELL". AM is one single spell. End of story.

Now that I think about it some more, this logic makes sense. AM only "hits" once. The effect of the spell once it lands successfully is to channel damage over time on a target. So even if each burst hits independently, the spell itself only hits once. This plays out b/c if AM is initially resisted upon spellcast, it doesn't channel the subsequent bursts of damage. There has to be an initial "hit" of the spell before the damage bursts even have the opportunity to hit the target themselves.
shadesofjoe
Grunt
Grunt

by Daemon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:51 pm

Please don't use this topic to report or discuss about potential bugs.
There is a topic dedicated to clearcast / arcane missile here:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3373
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by triggerlily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:18 pm

shadesofjoe wrote:
Youfie wrote: In our case in doesn't even apply as the Clearcasting tooltip states that it has a chance to proc for each "..SPELL". AM is one single spell. End of story.

Now that I think about it some more, this logic makes sense. AM only "hits" once. The effect of the spell once it lands successfully is to channel damage over time on a target. So even if each burst hits independently, the spell itself only hits once. This plays out b/c if AM is initially resisted upon spellcast, it doesn't channel the subsequent bursts of damage. There has to be an initial "hit" of the spell before the damage bursts even have the opportunity to hit the target themselves.

AM doesnt have damage over time, u dont even know what ur saying, please stop
triggerlily
Private
Private

by shadesofjoe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:40 pm

triggerlily wrote:
shadesofjoe wrote:

AM doesnt have damage over time, u dont even know what ur saying, please stop

I meant the phrase "damage over time" in the loose sense, not as in an actual DoT spell. But hey, go right on being a dick. I'm sure it's served you well enough thus far in life.
shadesofjoe
Grunt
Grunt

by Numari » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Charge worked yesterday in the morning, now its seems like it's broken again?!? And why did u remove the carge fix from the patch notes?
Numari
Tester

by Hatson » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Triggerly, you know you're just making yourself look like a fool. There's tons of footage of Arcane Missiles from old days and what you're describing has never ever happened.

Prove me wrong with footage like people have used many times here before to argue the same issue with Blizzard's channeling.

All you do is dig the hole even deeper if you keep talking and have no proof.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Doofoos » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:36 pm

btw, what about "stealth fixes"? :)
fishing animation bug was fixed since 12/03, but i can't find such note in bugfix! No more Harry Potters :D
PS OH DAMN! It is bugged again :shock:
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements