Dynamic Respawn Rate System - DRRS update PVP realm

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Dynamic Respawn Rate System - DRRS update PVP realm

by Soyoen » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:14 am

saltymorida wrote:great idea, would be impossible to get worldbosses otherwise.

That is actually the design of vanilla, few players get to see content unless they decide to commit and put in the hours for it. Keeping the integrity of that game design, which everyone who made a character here signed up for, should have priority over quality of life features that moves the server from that authentic experience. Granted, the DRRS should to be applied to all the nontrivial shit that causes issues with high population such as herbs, nodes & respawn rate of regular npcs. However at the same time when this is in effect the previous changes that increased, as example, the amount of herbs from each pickup should be reversed towards their correct values.

Having the spawnrate of world bosses approach the current retail levels is absolutely ridicules from the original game design, almost as ridicules as 10.000+ active players in a meltpot who never will get an authentic experience of "the glory days of world of warcraft". To be fair, the options that remains for the pvp realm if the offering of an authentic vanilla experience is a priority is either the hated phasing technology from retail, or a new realm. In all honesty though, attracting the consumer of today is easier with quality of life changes - hopefully you wont overdo them.
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:33 am

Soyoen wrote:a new realm.

Yes, please! :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Mryul » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:03 am

They spawn way too often now.

I don't like the direction Nostalrius is going. Vanilla was so great because it was a complete game and not an expansion where you had to push the entire player base through all the conent in x amount of months.

Vanilla was so great because the content was there, if you were good enough and bothered to put in the effort.

I know that many people didn't bother to put in that kind of effort 10 years ago when they were still stupid kids. Now people come back and want to give vanilla a real try again here on Nostalrius. Please don't give in to retail kids that will ruin the true vanilla experience because they don't want to put in the effort that made the game so great back then.

Vanilla was great because it was a real game where the content was available for those that wanted to put in the effort for it. If vanilla was known for one thing, and one thing only; it would be the opposite of pushing the entire player base through said content.

Thank you.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mistak3 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:58 pm

I just wanted to say ‚thank you‘ for turning Azshara into a Horde playground and giving crowns and cloaks away for free. I’m glad to see that Hordes can catch up within a few days on what others had to fight/arrange for month.

Welcome to Funstalrius!
mistak3
Tester

by euronmisc » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Yeah it's not that I don't want the horde to kill azuregos or anything, but this is a pretty strong slap in the face to all the players who invested many days scouting and preparing for azuregos spawns in the past.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Obamacare » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:07 pm

I don't get the complaints, I mean, the server is 12K online at peak hours - That is Not Blizzlike right there, so there's no way to keep it blizzlike unless they plan to break up the 12K into individual 2.5K population servers, therefore to sustain this population they do have to increase spawn rates on things including World Bosses.
Obamacare
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Why are world bosses only targeted? Some guy brought it up in the other thread, but I agree with him. I'd like a Tidal Charm of my own. Currently Azuregos is spawning at minimum 4x faster than Prince Nazjak.

The same impact that the server population is allegedly having on world bosses should be applied to everything else, shouldn't it?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Obamacare » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:27 pm

You are absolutely correct.
Obamacare
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:39 pm

And with that reasoning I could argue that raids should all by dynamic too because buffs need to be planned around as well as raid days and so forth. These all have similar impacts because of the server population. Not to mention they have the same spawn pattern as the world bosses had before this script.

Are Songflower nodes affected by the dynamic respawn script?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mintbg » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Spawning twice a week - kinda acceptable...but being killed 3-4 times a day is stupid.
Blizzard added the Spirit for a reason but here you can just remove it.
mintbg
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements