Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

by Trinat » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Dreez wrote:they are hoping for a lot of input from the community, that's why it is open source.

To be honest, I doubt it's going to release in an acceptable condition in a year unless they manage to merge with an other well scripted TBC server...

If only such a thing woud exist *cough*
Trinat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Eriazx » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:38 pm

The server will not be released anytime soon. This is a completely Different project from Vanilla PvP/Pve severs. They have a completely different developer team and it will be a completely Different server.

They have already released this information to everyone.

How soon for release? Not until Well after Naxx is cleared which will not be until at least until summer of 2017.

Will there be a PvP and PvE realm? This is unknown as of yet but they are looking into it

Can you copy characters from PvE and PvP server to the BC server? From the PvP for sure. The PvE is unknown yet and they have suggested if you are playing on the pve realm and concerned of this then level a toon to 60 on the PvP realm.

Will updates/support end on the Vanilla PvP/PvE servers? No because it is a completely different project and they are 2 seperate servers with each having their own crew dedicated to them and not sharing out or pulling resources from one project to another.
Eriazx
Grunt
Grunt

by Nooblar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Once the server is up and we are able to transfer our characters from the vanilla server to the BC server will we have the option to faction change or will it only be alli to alli/ horde to horde?
Nooblar
Private
Private

by Doofoos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Nooblar wrote:Once the server is up and we are able to transfer our characters from the vanilla server to the BC server will we have the option to faction change or will it only be alli to alli/ horde to horde?

jeez
were you able to "faction change" on tbc release in 2007? (without using an additional "transfer" feature) :?:
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by PeaceHammer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Eriazx wrote:The server will not be released anytime soon.

Word. People need to slow their hype, cause Nost TBC isn't releasing for a long time.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Daikar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:23 pm

The only thing that sucked with TBC was the flying mounts, any chance you could rework the landscape a bit and remove them? I would love to play TBC without flying mounts to experience world pvp in TBC.
Daikar
Tester

by Doofoos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Daikar wrote:The only thing that sucked with TBC was the flying mounts, any chance you could rework the landscape a bit and remove them? I would love to play TBC without flying mounts to experience world pvp in TBC.

No, they wont remove flying mounts, where was a "blue\green" post about it.
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Daikar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:35 pm

Doofoos wrote:
Daikar wrote:The only thing that sucked with TBC was the flying mounts, any chance you could rework the landscape a bit and remove them? I would love to play TBC without flying mounts to experience world pvp in TBC.

No, they wont remove flying mounts, where was a "blue\green" post about it.

I'm assuming the last part was a question and I never said there was a blue/green post about it, simply just voiced my wishes. I'll stay on vanilla then because flying mounts ruined the world pvp in Wow.
Daikar
Tester

by Doofoos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Daikar wrote:I'm assuming the last part was a question and I never said there was a blue/green post about it, simply just voiced my wishes. I'll stay on vanilla then because flying mounts ruined the world pvp in Wow.

Well, there still will be enough wpvp in 1-66 lvl locations +Vanilla servers wont go down, so there is no reason to bound yourself to only 1 server ;)
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Daikar » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:07 am

Doofoos wrote:
Daikar wrote:I'm assuming the last part was a question and I never said there was a blue/green post about it, simply just voiced my wishes. I'll stay on vanilla then because flying mounts ruined the world pvp in Wow.

Well, there still will be enough wpvp in 1-66 lvl locations +Vanilla servers wont go down, so there is no reason to bound yourself to only 1 server ;)

Yeah I know all that, it's just that I would have liked to experience what TBC would have been like without the flying mounts, they made the world feel empty and wpvp boring. Flying mounts made it to easy to jump someone and corpse camp them or run away to safety.
Daikar
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements