News regarding Ahn'Qiraj PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: News regarding Ahn'Qiraj PTR

by TheNIF » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:39 am

Casieqt wrote:feral is not a vaiable spec. No need to waste time to add loot for a empty raidslot.

0 / 10 trolling
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Grayclaw » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Feral not viable? Looking at some recent Dreamstate BWLs vs. my recent BWLs, I'd come in around the top 5 in dps in the guild. Yup, not viable.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Snautz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:46 pm

Grayclaw wrote:Feral not viable? Looking at some recent Dreamstate BWLs vs. my recent BWLs, I'd come in around the top 5 in dps in the guild. Yup, not viable.

Wtf have you been smoking? You barely make top 10 in your own guild even though you've hogged things like DFT and shadow flame boots, what makes you think you would do well in a DS run with no kings buff and no WF since you don't benefit from it as a feral? The delusion is real.
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Grayclaw » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Just looking at my average dps over my previous three BWLs vs Dreamstate's previous three BWLs...look at it that way, and the comparison I made is accurate (see below image). I'm not trying to trash Dreamstate, rather just showing that feral dps is legit if you are a good player and consume properly. People hate on feral b/c not many people know how to play it properly and it bothers me that there is a universal hate for feral when it in fact can be a huge benefit to a guild when played right.

I don't know much about Dreamstate's raid schedule, but it may be possible that I'm comparing vs. some sort of Alt/PUG run they do? If so, then this comparison isn't as accurate as I initially thought.

I'm hardly hogging gear, i got DFT two weeks ago and hadn't gotten a top tier item since November before that (which was when I got the Shadow Flame Boots). You're comment on alliance vs horde is accurate...I realize I benefit from kings/might whereas a horde feral would not, but that doesn't change what my dps is compared to Dreamstate.

Also, the fact that I'm not top 5 in my guild doesn't preclude me from being top 5 vs some other guild.

TL;DR: I think feral is legit and would love some feral gear added to PTR so I can test with my guild as my main spec.
Last edited by Grayclaw on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by TheNIF » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Nobody cares about this ignorant cuckstate loser. There's more to feral than raw dps(and it's actually good enough that you get middle to high on the stack, so if it isnt viable everyone you beat isnt viable either).

Besides, the spec exists and is played in current content at all levels regardless of his opinions, so the debate is over. Add feral gear to NTR.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thefilth » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Grayclaw wrote:Just looking at my average dps over my previous three BWLs vs Dreamstate's previous three BWLs...look at it that way, and the comparison I made is accurate (see below image). I'm not trying to trash Dreamstate, rather just showing that feral dps is legit if you are a good player and consume properly. People hate on feral b/c not many people know how to play it properly and it bothers me that there is a universal hate for feral when it in fact can be a huge benefit to a guild when played right.

I don't know much about Dreamstate's raid schedule, but it may be possible that I'm comparing vs. some sort of Alt/PUG run they do? If so, then this comparison isn't as accurate as I initially thought.

I'm hardly hogging gear, i got DFT two weeks ago and hadn't gotten a top tier item since November before that (which was when I got the Shadow Flame Boots). You're comment on alliance vs horde is accurate...I realize I benefit from kings/might whereas a horde feral would not, but that doesn't change what my dps is compared to Dreamstate.

Also, the fact that I'm not top 5 in my guild doesn't preclude me from being top 5 vs some other guild.

TL;DR: I think feral is legit and would love some feral gear added to PTR so I can test with my guild as my main spec.

You're right. About everything. You're leaving out Blessing of Salvation though, which is what really allows you to excel. Threat is a huge issue on Horde. We can only go as high as our tanks. Subtracting 30% of our threat is like adding 43% dps, assuming we'd stay threat capped which hopefully isn't the case. That's of course ignoring human racial scaling with Thunderfury and such.
But yeah, obviously, feral gear should be available just like everything else.
Sorry to go off topic, but I felt butthurt that only kings and might was mentioned, when the real dealbreaker was left out!
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Grayclaw » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:43 pm

You are absolutely right, Thefilth! All pally blessings are stronger for feral than totems are. Kings, Might, Salv, and Wisdom are all a huge benefit to feral dpsing.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Str/Agi totem better for Druid avoidance than Kings :O! But...lel avoidance, amirite?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Pottu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Try to stay on topic please.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Grayclaw » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:43 pm

My apologies, Pottu! I can't help my fervent defense of feral druids sometimes! On that note...feral druid items on the PTR? Yes?
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements