Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by Oyani » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 am

Shaking off the giant eye of Blizzard and looking good doing it. Respect to you Nostalrius and any who donate to keep it going.

Long live Nostalrius!
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nefaris » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:04 am

netameta wrote:If you guys want, i can make a website that tracks donation - everyone could donate money to a specific paypal account, everyone will be able to see what's the status, and an automated payment will be send from paypal to the hosting company every month - in-case there's enough money.

i could also make a little api with either http or websocket if we want it more live, that you people in nostalrius could put somewhere in the site for people to see.

instead of all this trust issues, people at nostalrius could start a secondary paypal account, and use it like i mentioned above.

Everything will be transparent, everything automatic.. no hassle.

Nice and simple idea! Best I read so far.
Nefaris
Private
Private

by Hawt » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 am

Darkwinjax wrote:fix reflectors, rocket helm, magic dust, improved shadowbolt , shadow resistance

make chinese server

fix bg queue system

listen to the pvp community for once

then i'll donate.

+1
Hawt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dreez » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:34 am

Following options are up to discussion

option 1:
- Person A pays the bill for 1-3 months, provides proof (eventually Nostalrius confirms this proof) and gets paid back by the community
- the best way of doing this is either a website tracking donations as netameta proposed or a forum thread, whenever someone donates to person A he as well posts in this thread with a proof

option 2:
- a fundraising website

option 3:
- some kind of guild rotation
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Caedum » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:06 am

I want to add another option into the fray.

Nostalrius sets up another paypal account in the trust of someone they know. Maybe a staff member that's stepped down and no longer works for them.

Then gives us that link to donate too (just because we feel like it, wink wink)

Officially that person does not work for Nost so nost isn't in trouble law wise.

We get a trusted benefactor.
Caedum
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by netameta » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:34 am

My solution is pretty simple to implement it will have crappy design as i am not a designer but it will do the job. and nostalrius's staff will have all the control.
netameta
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:26 pm

@daemon , isn't possible to use "twitch" donations button? i think that would be easiest an simple solution if it work.

you can have 1 assign staff for that

it could work easier in my opinion via twitch method.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:43 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:@daemon , isn't possible to use "twitch" donations button? i think that would be easiest an simple solution if it work.

you can have 1 assign staff for that

it could work easier in my opinion via twitch method.

They don't want the money to go into staff's hands. Probably because of legal things and staying under Blizzard's Radar. Twitch also gets C&D orders from Blizzard if someone streams a server that isn't theirs. We have seen plenty of Nost players Twitch banned for streaming, albeit, the banwagon hasn't happened again recently, but if this goes up, you can bet your ass, Blizzard will do it again.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Melgarh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Not providing a solution but further info:

1) Paypal charges quite a bit for transactions (eg. 3.4% + 0.25 EUR per payment made).
2) There are CrowdFunding campaigns but those result in around 7-11% of fees per transaction (usually 5-8% to web and rest for banking/card gateway).
3) There are transparent accounts - random example: https://www.fio.cz/ib2/transparent?a=29 ... 09.03.2016 however, as these are in EU, a SEPA payment from accounts are advised as the fee is 1 EUR for both sides while non-SEPA result in about 4 EUR fee and non-EU payments in about 6 or more EUR + loss at currency conversion.

If no "hero" stands up from the community to cough up the cash and then request reimbursement, then the crowdfunding campaign is the next best thing - and since the effort & fees are involved, going for full year is the only option IMHO.
Melgarh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:10 pm

There isn't any system by which a single person controls payment for the realms that couldn't be rigged in some fashion.

Also, since this has been presented in such a haphazard fashion, there isn't any one idea that might be proposed in this forum that wouldn't be open to duplication, cross purposes, and pools of dead money. Did it really seem reasonable that any person or groups of people of the thousands and thousands here could collect money to this end and all have a go at paying the bills?

Of course, we sitting here thinking about it would strive for some type of consensus but we can never arrive at that because none of us represent anything other than our own ideas. This forum is no place for consensus.

Any form we take has to be agreed on in some type of representative fashion, elsewise it's anarchy of moving money. The populace would never know what is what and where should they "officially" contribute if they were so inclined.

There are enough ideas here to work with. I believe we should make a list of Guild leaders whom represent the populace(s) and have them come to some type of accord. Forcible inclusion.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements