Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by Imbaslap » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:28 pm

only real way to prevent scamming and such is if multiple entities contribute.
only thing I can think of is each guild have a go fund me page and the guild members can just donate towards 1 goal of 1 month worth of payment.
and that guild would submit it. if 1 person out of 10,000+ people holds on to the donations, we may have a second iteration of what happened to "the rebirth" private server where the dude took the money and ran. (over $15,000 worth)

40+ guilds on the server paying 1 months worth is well over a year's worth of playtime.

not sure how everyone feels about it but it sounds the most logical. plus it gives more leeway for people to donate 5$ or maybe 10$ instead of 25$ or more.
Last edited by Imbaslap on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Noxm » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 pm

@Youfie ok now i understand..

@Dreez its an new ethical point of view..

So now we need a bigguy to make a crowfounding things.. please no Niko, no Robotron, no OGTUCKER117, no PAYO thx

We need China mafia to pay that, they are so rich with all R13-R14 sold.
Last edited by Noxm on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Vertical » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Make Faction/race change a possibility! or server change!
Vertical
Tester

by Niko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 am

I vote Sethzer to hold this.
We've already donated hundreds of euros to him through friends, not to mention the whole community that pitched in to help www.realmplayers.com

He'd a dependable guy and works loads for the vanilla community.
Doubt anyone else would be more suitable for this kind of a task, if he'd be up for it.
.. but surely you guys can find some site that middlehands it or chunks the monthly cost?
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:05 am

Niko wrote:I vote Sethzer to hold this.
We've already donated hundreds of euros to him through friends, not to mention the whole community that pitched in to help http://www.realmplayers.com

He'd a dependable guy and works loads for the vanilla community.
Doubt anyone else would be more suitable for this kind of a task, if he'd be up for it.
.. but surely you guys can find some site that middlehands it or chunks the monthly cost?

probably better if each guild does it. similar to the realmplayers donations too.

unless you can convince china to buy out the entire server with there 1 million $ worth of gold selling. :P

seems like we have till mid april to figure it out.
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Zodish » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:07 am

As has been suggested before, the only possible way of doing this is via a collection site like https://www.patreon.com/.

The idea you present of having a "foreman" is not viable, although it is cute, in a French sorta way ;)

It has to be an Admin or another trusted member of the staff who should administer the funds from an eventual Patreon-like site. Its a matter of trust, and we the players do not trust each other enough to do that.

I respect the fact that you want transparency, but you can easily still achieve that via a well managed Patreon site.

Who knows, if you get enough monthly funding you might even be able to make an Asian server ^^
Last edited by Zodish on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zodish
Private
Private

by Noxm » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:10 am

I think we need just one guys to host the crowfounding part. Sethzer may be a really good choice. Let see if he is ok.

In my opinion split donation into guild is bad idea its offer multiple chance to get scam.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:10 am

Ok.

I must say, i'm really perplexed by laying this on the table in this fashion. You are asking us to self-organize to support this game we love and go about it in whichever way we collectively feel most effective. You will provide for us the status of the servers so we know what their current financial situation is, i.e.: this server is going to be shut down in one month if bill of X Euro are not paid. Got it.

There cannot be a loose confederacy of seperate agreements and arrangements to meet the fixed cost of one enterprise. That just wouldn't be effective at all. Not only is it a lot of redundancy, it's guarenteed to lead to mishandling and mismanagement. One hand will not know what the other thirty hands are doing. Also, there cannot be funds contributed by many with nothing to apply them too. Dead money is a sure way to inspire mismanagement as well.

There can be only one collaborative by all of us. And any way in which funds are donated, they cannot be collected in trust for an indefinate time. Therefore what seem to me to be the reasonable alternative is one singular crowd funding source which takes donations only as guarantees, that is: funds to be collected as needed. Like a hold on your credit card for an amount of 1 Euro-5 Euros. The gatekeeper could theoretically be two people on account whose only role would be to open up the gate at the appropriate time, which my understanding is suggested as three months out. Any holds on account would remain there, untouched and uncollected.

We would need our own separate form of transparent accounting which showed how the account was handled: when it was opened up to pay bills, and to show how much in guarantees remained yet in the account.

Geez.

Is there any such crowd funding which operates in this way? Only holds tabs and does not collect? Let's start looking. It would have to have the ability to not attemp to recollect on bad cards, we don't want to start an accounting nightmare. Gatekeepers would need to be decent at acounting to readjust reports regularly.

I don't think it would be any problem to collectively fund this from anywhere in the world as the funding is for the infrastructure, it is not payment for the staff or in any way a fund they or their organization could benefit from.

I suggest we need atleast one French Citizen for this endeavor and someone else from anywhere. I gotta think about this some more.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Imbaslap » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:15 am

well we got some time to figure something out. maybe some Persian billionaire will bail us out for 15 years worth of playtime. :kappa:
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by zamug » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:31 am

Daemon wrote:We are taking this step forward in order to be 100% transparent when it comes to funding

Without wishing to cause offence, could you please clarify what services/servers are running on "Hardware #1"?

Also, what other costs are there?

€275 is not much, until Agent Zamug's Overseer notices, then it would be a death sentence. If there are other servers costing less but at a fixed price, the overseer might be more willing. If you catch my drift.
New to Nostalrius? Need some tips? Read this guide..
zamug
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements