Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by Mercya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello, dear nostalrius!
I am a Chinese player, we want to do something for the server, such as sponsorship funds, I do not know how to help you, this is the problem facing most Chinese players! If you have a better way, please tell me!
For example, PayPal
Mercya
Tester

by Ifreeth » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:06 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising
Ifreeth
Tester

by Saria » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:29 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saria
Private
Private

Re: Financial Announceme

by Sharax » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:29 am

Sauska wrote:Odd that you have to pay such a big sum, even odder that the dev team wants out of the financial loop. Group up with trusted others, lol? I don't think so in this day and age.

The SWGemu team (vanilla Star Wars Galaxies) has a donation link and transparant financial dealings and reporting, and that satisfies all requirements. The hardware and hosting is paid for, people feel they contribute something, everyone is happy. So far, Disney hasn't slapped a lawsuit on the team yet ;-)

I'd be more than happy to donate to Nostalrius, but not in this format. And I'd also like some assurance that my money would be spent to solve the horrible lag and preferably the black Genchat boxes as well.

This whole thread is very puzzling because the ideal way is for the Nost team to pay the costs and be transparent about the costs and we donate to them to try and reimburse them for that cost (instead of some black hole).

Adding a middleman unnecessarily complicates the whole community funding aspect. I think Nost should reconsider this.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Financial Announceme

by melak » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Sharax wrote:
Sauska wrote:Odd that you have to pay such a big sum, even odder that the dev team wants out of the financial loop. Group up with trusted others, lol? I don't think so in this day and age.

The SWGemu team (vanilla Star Wars Galaxies) has a donation link and transparant financial dealings and reporting, and that satisfies all requirements. The hardware and hosting is paid for, people feel they contribute something, everyone is happy. So far, Disney hasn't slapped a lawsuit on the team yet ;-)

I'd be more than happy to donate to Nostalrius, but not in this format. And I'd also like some assurance that my money would be spent to solve the horrible lag and preferably the black Genchat boxes as well.

This whole thread is very puzzling because the ideal way is for the Nost team to pay the costs and be transparent about the costs and we donate to them to try and reimburse them for that cost (instead of some black hole).

Adding a middleman unnecessarily complicates the whole community funding aspect. I think Nost should reconsider this.

Exactly this. Me and prob thousands other would be happy to donate small sums which in itself would pay for all the costs, but i dont think anyone wants to do it they way the suggest.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ifreeth » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifreeth
Tester

by Eligius » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks to Javwohl who payed an entire month by himself
I can not afford an entire month by myself but I am willing to blindly give some money to you or someone else with decent reputation
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by irchvan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:12 am

So, where can we donate ?
Is there already a plan ?
This server must keep going, it's so much fun.
irchvan
Tester

by Kazuma » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Jawohl put a crowdfunding up plx ill donate.
Kazumà level 29 Nightelf Rogue
Meteoritis level 29 Human Priest
Kazuma
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sarvina » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Donated a month. Match me.
Last edited by Sarvina on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarvina
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements