Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by ceoddyn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Imbaslap wrote:
TheDrim1 wrote:So basically we sit and wait for the true king of Nostalrius to take his place on the throne.

I for one am going to be quite gracious to our new rich overlord.

inb4 china buys Nostalrius :lol: 8-) jk.

Why joke about it? This is clearly a way to hand off direct control of server payments to whoever can make a profit out of it. It's why they don't care at all about whether the community organizes to do something, the payments are going to continue coming in no matter what.
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:51 pm

here's a list (just raid progression), if some of these people prefer not to be involved or believe this list is not accurate as a representation of the populaces, they few remaining can associate themselves however they see fit so long as it is reasonably representative of the populaces:

*DISREGARD*

PvE realm
1.Ccmemrstpdfk
2.Poplockndrop
3.Frapper
4.Ace
5.Viva
6.Elanarae
7.Masq
8.Paperturbine
9.Exterminate
10.Daggerfall

PvP
1.Don
2.Snayperskaya
3.Krah
4.Normandah
5.Maitoz
6.Coalbanker
7.Amurica
8.Paklya
9.Koopa
10.Malconi
11.Walkingdeadd
12.Rnsbankmain
13.Averias
14.Rhyanne
15.Eldarathian

Let's go fetch them.
Last edited by Diametra on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:17 pm

I appreciate your "passion" in this issue Diametra but lets not make this too complicated...

I could for example create an account somewhere to transfer the money and pay the bills. We could then make up a system such as Netameta suggested to raise the money backwards. I dont think it would be necessary to track down who donated back and who didnt, since in the end we are here just to keep the boat floating, no need to mention the lads rowing.

My only concern here is the laws. I know that Nostalrius staff cannot handle any money coming from this project for obvious Blizzard reasons. Now is there a chance i could get charged myself in the near future for moneyraising / redirecting the funds in the upkeep of a "stolen product" ?
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Anyone could create such an account. multiple people could. And multiple people could account for the money in any way they see fit. Really at this point we need to get a representation of the servers to decide how we can all act as one.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:31 pm

My second concern is the national laws of Finland i live in. If i would indeed use some kind of fundraising site to get donations from the Community in order to "fill the hole" in my bank account, this would lead into questions from the Tax Administration. It would be counted as Income in finland, wich i would have to pay taxes for.

Since you are showing up genius ideas here, we need to remember that this is not charity we are doing. This is a "stolen" content of Blizzard, so any form of money gathering related to this should be done in the shades.

Also, in the National level.. moving chunks of money by individuals will raise questions if the money ever cross your bank account.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Niko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Jawohl wrote:My second concern is the national laws of Finland i live in. If i would indeed use some kind of fundraising site to get donations from the Community in order to "fill the hole" in my bank account, this would lead into questions from the Tax Administration. It would be counted as Income in finland, wich i would have to pay taxes for.

Since you are showing up genius ideas here, we need to remember that this is not charity we are doing. This is a "stolen" content of Blizzard, so any form of money gathering related to this should be done in the shades.

Also, in the National level.. moving chunks of money by individuals will raise questions if the money ever cross your bank account.

It's not considered stolen under some law jurisdictions in europe.
It's "fan created" and barely slips under the lawyers of Blizzard/Activision due to them no longer having this current version of World of Warcraft available for commercial purposes. However, should the realm somehow start asking for fees for this, like a subscription it all goes to hell and they'd get drawn into court.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Niko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:39 pm

but as far as I understand, the money goes directly to the company doing the servers management.
So it's not really directly going to Nostalrius, it's more like a invoice anyone could order (companies, private parties etc etc) so there's alot of things there that would make a private person pretty unliable to getting sued or hunted by Blizzard.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:42 pm

From this point of view, talking about Fundraising or naming some certain Heroes of Nostalrius to pay the bill and then get Refilled is out of option. In my opinion, we should do the following :

Nostalrius staff will provide the community with the links to all the Hardware that we have and needs to be payed for included with proper information / chart that show directly, for HOW LONG that current hardware is payed for.
People among the community will simply pay for the hardware parts. Those such as myself who have a bit more in savings can target the more expensive ones, while those with less capabilities of doing such will target the less costing hardware. (individual payments)
On top of the individual payers comes the fund raising people. Guilds can contribute with different methods of their own. One guild can use Fundraising, some guild is people that know one another and make a bank transactions and pay something this way.

It is unnecessary to try and over- complicate this. It is DONATING done by groups of people and individuals. NO need to come up with the idea of " Community " doing it, or promoting it. People like the project, they love the project they live the project.

In the end there should be more than enough people willing AND capable of to pay for the Hardware, if only Nostalrius staff will provide us with a proper way / direction to go and pay for it.
We also want to see. for how long something is payed for.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:50 pm

If you overcomplicate this with the idea " Everyone should be able to contribute " by thinking too much the people who pay 1 or 2 euros each, you are going to have and establish that Fundraiser with individuals controlling it. It is a very shitty solution even if you would have all kind of neat protection gadgetz in it. Its simply too damn complicated to allow everyone contribute in small amounts.

People who can only pay 1 or 2 euros a month should put those euros in savings and pay something up once they have enough.

However as the overall upkeep of the server is close to 1K a month ( im not fully sure, just old conversations regarding this ) we might want to find a way to count every penny in we can, BUT if we can indeed pay for the hardware parts individually splitting the Full payment in smaller chunks, it should still be doable by individuals.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxm » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Nano answer to a lot of question in Nostalrius Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/com ... ouncement/

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements