Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:00 pm

I also appreciate your "enthusiasm" Jawohl. Your ideas may appeal to you, but without some type of consensus, as I said, they are open to duplication and cross purposes. Because any single one of us may have a valid point does not make it unilaterally acceptable to everyone whether they prefer inclusion or not. Without a representative agreement which we all can point to and remind each other of, we will open the gates to directionless unaccountability.

Your's is another idea of many with no populace support as of yet.

I asked the staff to create the mechanism by which we could directly donate. If this does not happen, not a single one of us may say, "my idea is the one we're doing." It needs popular support only obtainable by some type of consensus.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:02 pm

Allright thank you for that.

So we can only pay for the one hardware that was in the link. 275 euros / month is something individuals are very capable of paying for and some guilds should be capable to Fundraise that amount themselves aswell if willing.

What i would like to get from Nostalrius side is information regarding how long that Hardware is payed for. We have the link to pay for it, but we dont actually know when its coming due.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:06 pm

You are making this too complicated my friend. They simply want people that can to pay for the hardware without them collecting the money.

Its not an idea contest wich you are making it. No need for popular support or meeting with multiple Guild leaders.

People who can , pay. If we cant pay, Nostalrius staff pays and we work something else.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:07 pm

Ah geez nano. His last sentence DID mean things would revert the way they would. Well..what do you think is going to happen?

Some groups may then associate as they like and pay for pieces here and there. Things may progress swimmingly, or in hindsight a small problem may have now been created by the haphazard way in which this was presented.

Over and out.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Well i just payed for this month, it was coming due 23.3 . So, we have one month to work with.

http://kuvauppi.fi/view/output/GUID/44C79600-C920-C9E5-5621-614D7B5BF080/size/default/untitled.jpg
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:12 pm

jawohl...i did not make this an idea contest. I'm pointing out you can say whatever you like in threads, but you cannot unlaterally decide how a financial situation that affects many people is going to be handled without some type of involvement from the people. that kinda goes without saying.

At any rate the point is moot as it will revert to how it has been.

Oh..and thanks for paying buddy!
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by HDKSnake » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:14 pm

I am ok with funding a dollar a year. I think everyone should be ok with helping for hardware upgrades. IMO its our game we play.
HDKSnake
Tester

by Niko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:17 pm

I will be kicking in the idea of a donation into our guild, I'll see how it pans out.
I'am guessing people are going to be interested in more depth with the current status of the cluster realms though.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:25 pm

Yes, i had to say : Since Nostalrius staff is in a situation like this with payments for the hardware, are we sure not taking too much of a cake at the same time ?? ( TBC, Clustering, PVP server, PVE server ... )

Will the "developing and passion project" turn into " unpayable project" in the near future by taking steps in direction unsustainable ?
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rebelina » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Jawohl wrote:Well i just payed for this month, it was coming due 23.3 . So, we have one month to work with.

http://kuvauppi.fi/view/output/GUID/44C79600-C920-C9E5-5621-614D7B5BF080/size/default/untitled.jpg

Awesome man. :) I was a bit concerned when I read the thread for the first time. I hope we can find some kind of crowdfunding donation system. Asking 230 Euros of a random person each month seems pretty weird to me. But the good old open "donate what you want whenever you want" is out of the game so we need to find some solution.
<Limited Edition> Nostalrius PVE
Arela - Priest
Grayve - Warrior
Laniakea - Shaman
Rebelina
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements