Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by melak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:35 am

irchvan wrote:So, where can we donate ?
Is there already a plan ?
This server must keep going, it's so much fun.

Seems to be no plan, and some people actually think donating to a nice guy will solve this... sad to see such a big community and no1 taking charge, i would have figured it was in the interest of the admins aswell, atleast if they are interested in not paying the tab every month.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jawohl » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 am

I thought we already made the point clear, why nobody could\should take charge or crowdfund.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bartholomäus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Sorry, if this has been said by someone already, but I have to admit I didn't go through all the replies to this post.

It appears to me though, that the main problem is, that one person responsible for the payment doesn't really work, which i totally agree with.
What then, if we just have 'delegates' from all the mayor guilds. They therefore take care of a communal crowdfunding website/bank account whatsoever. (Bank account probably doesn't work because of the international aspect).
Whenever a transaction from this account is made, ALL of the delegates have to agree with that transaction, which stops people from stealing (or makes it way harder and less likely).

We could also implement a function similar to a word document: 'write' and 'read only' rights. So the delegates would have 'write' rights and everyone else only owns 'read only' rights, so that would make it fully transparent and every player on the realm could see what's going on and where their money is going.

Dunno, if such a website exists, but I'm sure you could just implement a crowdfunding website to another (self-created) website.

Thank you Jawohl, highly appreciated your donation!

At an end note, I don't get Nostalrius' point either. Just looking at the replies to the post, it appears to me, that them giving away the financial part, only makes things more confusing and until now not any more transparent.
I'm hoping though that the DEV-Team is just about to figure something out themselves, as we haven't hear much from them recently.
Bartholomäus
Tester

by Bartholomäus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Just another idea regarding the problem solving.

At the moment the biggest problem is that the players don't really know what's going on really, I reckon.
So what if Nostalrius Def-Team set up a chat with some delegates of the biggest guilds. Or even a Team-Speak session. So they could explain everything to the delegates and the delegates therefore could carry it further to the community.
Bartholomäus
Tester

by eugen88 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:15 pm

I am a fellow player who loves WoW and because of my "addiction" I felt the urge to write down my idea.

Instead of "direct link to our hosting provider" and "players to group together and find a trusted "foreman" to handle said transaction." you could easily create this:

A shop that is not in any way related to Blizzard but sells T-Shirts, cups, pens, pillows, carpets, war hammers, mouse pads, soccer balls, towels, etc that are Nostalrius branded.

You can hire someone to handle the supplies and transaction, I believe a small staff could handle this easily or you can hire third parties.

All the money will go to the server and Blizzard (I think) will not touch the server in any way.

The main idea would be:

Product -> Third party supplier -> Third party shop that sells stuff -> Earnings goes to Nostalrius and the staff that manages the sellings.

Can some "legal" person back me up with this?

Thank you for the effort invested in this project.

Cheers,
Eugen
eugen88
Tester

by Nano » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:36 am

As we've stated countless times, we will not introduce anything that involves paying for items. Nostalrius is not a business, we are a project lead by people passionate about developing and running a Vanilla World of Warcraft emulation. We are not interested in monetizing, we are not interested in finances at all. The option is now available to the players to pay for the server directly, without our involvement in that process whatsoever. This is by far the simplest option and we simply suggested if players couldn't put up the full amount that they could band together to do it instead.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Eligius » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:17 pm

If someone with good reputation could simply take this responsibility I would follow him.
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Viper » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Code: Select all
Expiration dates. Updated 18 march.
Hardware #1: Expiration date, 19th June 2016
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Sauska » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Eligius wrote:If someone with good reputation could simply take this responsibility I would follow him.

You never watch Catfish?
Sauska
Grunt
Grunt

by Baaja » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Let us speak with the host-provider to allow smaller payments towards the month cost. Have the provider help us do this directly. Nost does not get involved, the transaction is between all of us willing to pay and the host-provider - which is an organisation that pretty much have to be quite transparent i.e. no shady bookkeeping from their side.
Baaja
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements