Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by Noxm » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 pm

zilvis11 wrote:Nostalrius becoming monthly paid server wtf ?

Learn to read please
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by XxGokuxX » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:02 pm

zilvis11 wrote:Nostalrius becoming monthly paid server wtf ?

Just admit you read like half of one post before commenting...
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by xarrn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:46 am

Always thought finance was provided by income from - the only online vendor posting in game. It seems this just isn't so (though from their endless spam, they certainly should be). Kudos to Jawohl then, though think the lump sum is too high for most players. Like the idea of a $10 'sub' to post here, but guess it wouldn't pass the arms length test either. Guess the guild contribution is the only really viable solution so far, but from in game chat seems doubtful too. Seems ridiculous, when 10K players at $1 would cover the lot.
We certainly need a solution to take the load off the present admins.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising
xarrn
Tester

by bethrezenn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:14 am

Jawohl wrote:Okay so, what Nosralrius was asking for is someone to help pay the bill they normally would pay themselves without the need to create a target for Blizzard such as donate.

I give you example of the situation : Nostalrius has a stolen car they have fixed and in wich they buy gasoline. We are the passengers whom they asked some of us to pay the next bill. By doing this we dont break any copyright or leave tracks about pooling money.

If Nostalrius would ask everyone aboard the car to contribute, we would create a trace wich Blizzard could track, and in court this moneypooling, even though its donates is labeled as income. Now at this point what many of the people have suggested is that someone else would pool this money, so it does not go through Nost hands... this will however just take nost head out of the gilliotine and put another one in instead.

You need to understand that in the end we cant leave tracks of pooling money since it can be used to prove the point of income. If Blizzard can prove there is income of any kind related to this project they can go and tell the French service provider of ours to stop helping in this thievery, forcing us to move.

Thats why we must make single payments, or gather the money in a very small and private groups.

What was stated here is very relevant info. Since I oftenly handle this type of problems in my line of work I will also furthermore add that even if the moneypooling is happening outside of Nost hands, they are the beneficiary services payed for by the third party. Now according to continental law legislation, that is considered a payment in itself and Blizzard may still argue that the copyright infringing activity was used to gain valuables (in our case, hardware).
bethrezenn
Grunt
Grunt

by BanFaybel » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:41 pm

How was feenix able to do donations then? They never had to ask the community for money because the servers upkeep was funded by donations for gold and armor. Custom donations would rack up the real cash.

Thanks
BanFaybel
Tester

by Jawohl » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Feenix had open donations wich led in Blizzard getting proof and valid claim to ask their Host ( service provider ) to stop working with them. Feenix server was shut down because of the Donations and they were forced to move.

Feenix was forced to move their service provider to Romania and this process cost them heavily, especially in the server stability for the future.

Edit : They took a rhisk on having open donation to fund the server and they got caught.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by zilvis11 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:10 pm

So we will need pay to play on server ? OK GL when iam quitting this servet
zilvis11
Tester

by Nelythia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:44 pm

zilvis11 wrote:So we will need pay to play on server ? OK GL when iam quitting this servet

Omg learn reading.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mryul » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:02 am

zilvis11 wrote:So we will need pay to play on server ? OK GL when iam quitting this servet

if you're too retarded to read, please do leave.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sauska » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:52 am

Odd that you have to pay such a big sum, even odder that the dev team wants out of the financial loop. Group up with trusted others, lol? I don't think so in this day and age.

The SWGemu team (vanilla Star Wars Galaxies) has a donation link and transparant financial dealings and reporting, and that satisfies all requirements. The hardware and hosting is paid for, people feel they contribute something, everyone is happy. So far, Disney hasn't slapped a lawsuit on the team yet ;-)

I'd be more than happy to donate to Nostalrius, but not in this format. And I'd also like some assurance that my money would be spent to solve the horrible lag and preferably the black Genchat boxes as well.
Sauska
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements