Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by TomDeBaere » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Someguy386 wrote:Why can't they just take a 1$ donation during the signup and use that to fund the hardware?

I think because they don't want to activly take donations themselves as that would mean they would "earn" money from the server and put themselves in Blizzards ban visor.
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mooneyez » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Most of my knowledge about this is from my interaction with them as a member of a non-profit organisation which has benefited from a couple of specific ones.
In Sweden we have a term called "Stiftelse" it's close to a trust but i dont know enough about trusts to really compare, from a legal standpoint a "Stiftelse" owns it self and all money in care of it may only be transfered/used according to the legal document drafted at its creation.
Also every "Stiftelse" is under supervision of the state.
Some are exempt from tax though I'm not clear on what is required to be exempt.
My knowledge of the specific type of "Stiftelse" that our endeavour would be is very limited as its not the type i have had interactions with.

There should be similar things elsewhere (as the concept of a trust or trust-like organisation is an old one). Is there something like this in France? Seems like a logical place (for us) to have such a thing if it exists.

Could this be something worth looking into? (obviously I think so :P)
Mooneyez
Tester

by ubisof54kztsd » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:47 pm

il gladly help. One of the best server i ever played with great horde and alliance community.
ubisof54kztsd
Tester

by Sickmikk » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:35 am

I made a donation for 3 months for this:

"Hardware #4 - 10€ / month - 16th March 2017"

But I can't PM the admins, I get a message I need to participate more before I can have access to this feature :)
--------

Hammerfall Legion
Sickmikk
Tester

by Pottu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:47 pm

You can PM now.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Potatomaster » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:40 pm

The community could set up a crowdfund and fund the 260 with different members paying a small number.

We have to find a reliable way to do this so somebody can't just run off with all the money.
Potatomaster
Tester

by Daemon » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:45 am

Sickmikk wrote:I made a donation for 3 months for this:

"Hardware #4 - 10€ / month - 16th March 2017"

But I can't PM the admins, I get a message I need to participate more before I can have access to this feature :)

Hello,

Thank you for your contribution!
I updated the first post.

Daemon
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by terryzhang » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 am

Dear GM:

I am Tandroid , A mage of The Apocalypse Legend( TAL) , Alliance community. I have played in Nostalrius for several months, Nostalrius is the best server i 've played. As you know, and I played in Feenix server the last three years. So, I want to donate some money to Nostalrius Server , Pls tell me the Nostalrius Server Account Number and name, many thanks.

Best Regards

Tandroid
terryzhang
Tester

by darkreignfox » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:52 pm

I can understand not wanting to get in Blizzards bad book by asking for money, but cant they just label it as a server maintenance cost and ask everyone seeking to play, to pay a small fee for maintenance, surely they cant get sued for non profit?

Id happily donate if it meant keeping the server going without lag. :)
darkreignfox
Grunt
Grunt

by TomDeBaere » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:17 pm

I think this discussion on it's own already put us in Blizzards bad book :(
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements