Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by netameta » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:58 am

Codeine wrote:Whats to stop the random guy from writing it to send money to a different paypal after a while?

The fact that nostalrius will simply take the donation link off their site ? and the fact that whoever donate using paypal see the paypal address, if it has changed they simply wont donate.

This is the safest way, no matter how you look at it, all control is in nostalrius's staff hands - without doing anything manually.
netameta
Private
Private

by Jawohl » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:22 am

I will write a story during my next break in my job, why we should not pay me back, or make a money gathering system. Stay tuned
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jawohl » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:30 am

Okay so, what Nosralrius was asking for is someone to help pay the bill they normally would pay themselves without the need to create a target for Blizzard such as donate.

I give you example of the situation : Nostalrius has a stolen car they have fixed and in wich they buy gasoline. We are the passengers whom they asked some of us to pay the next bill. By doing this we dont break any copyright or leave tracks about pooling money.

If Nostalrius would ask everyone aboard the car to contribute, we would create a trace wich Blizzard could track, and in court this moneypooling, even though its donates is labeled as income. Now at this point what many of the people have suggested is that someone else would pool this money, so it does not go through Nost hands... this will however just take nost head out of the gilliotine and put another one in instead.

You need to understand that in the end we cant leave tracks of pooling money since it can be used to prove the point of income. If Blizzard can prove there is income of any kind related to this project they can go and tell the French service provider of ours to stop helping in this thievery, forcing us to move.

Thats why we must make single payments, or gather the money in a very small and private groups.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Melgarh » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:46 am

Additionally, there are laws within EU, that prevent a large "off-books" income per individual, be it a physical person or a company of any variation of institution. Paypal slapped me once for over 1.000 EUR income via eBay and the fun of providing all sorts of documents to make things OK I hope not to experience again.

Eg. Czech Republic allows 30.000 CZK per year per physical person of earned income via means that are not of business type (eg. sale of stuff on eBay, services, traceable staff that goes through e-accounts). After that, you've to fill in a tax-income based form and your life will experience as much joy as a tortoise stuck in an empty Oreo box.

By paying for a service of Hardware provider you basically confirm that you support whatever activity is occurring on it. The important information that can be find regarding this case is located here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay_trial

Conclusion:
So, essentially, we have to do a Distributed Donation to Service ( DDTS instead DDOS :D ). And big guilds are the perfect solution to this, covering small month extension payments.

EDIT: Also, Jawohl is hero, /respect !
Melgarh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxit » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:56 am

I love the fact that u want the eu/na ppl to pay the server while we have this china plague wich is almost same amount as eu ppl. Just doing their own race and not even in this community, I can bet that 95% of them will not do a shit. Atm they earn money by selling bracket spots, gold and accounts. I kinda see no reason to pay tbh.
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

by melak » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:47 am

Jawohl wrote:Okay so, what Nosralrius was asking for is someone to help pay the bill they normally would pay themselves without the need to create a target for Blizzard such as donate.

I give you example of the situation : Nostalrius has a stolen car they have fixed and in wich they buy gasoline. We are the passengers whom they asked some of us to pay the next bill. By doing this we dont break any copyright or leave tracks about pooling money.

If Nostalrius would ask everyone aboard the car to contribute, we would create a trace wich Blizzard could track, and in court this moneypooling, even though its donates is labeled as income. Now at this point what many of the people have suggested is that someone else would pool this money, so it does not go through Nost hands... this will however just take nost head out of the gilliotine and put another one in instead.

You need to understand that in the end we cant leave tracks of pooling money since it can be used to prove the point of income. If Blizzard can prove there is income of any kind related to this project they can go and tell the French service provider of ours to stop helping in this thievery, forcing us to move.

Thats why we must make single payments, or gather the money in a very small and private groups.

If we instead rely on kind people like you this server is doomed, dont think anyone wants to put in time when there is always going to be the risk of no1 paying for it the next month, only for it to go offline forever. Point of income? If all the money go to paying the bill, then how is that different from what the devs have been doing up til now? Pretty sure they transfered money between each other to pay it together. Besides, you would build it so that you cant donate when the required amount is reached, so no winnings.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jawohl » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:04 pm

As Nostalrius staff stated, if a scenario goes as dire that no one will pay the bill, they will pay it themselves just as they have been doing thus far, so the server will not go offline forever as you are illuminating. They are just asking for some assistance, since the money is coming from their ass.

Also, paying the bill for the host to keep this server up and running itself is a crime if looking the Pirate bay scenario so they cannot keep doing that all alone or they are sitting ducks.

None of us cannot really go and do this solely alone either because of the very same reason. So yes, we need to get Distributed Donation to Service as Melgarh stated AND we must make it as untrackable as possible as i suggested.

I know Nostalrius said that " Transperancy " is what we are aiming for, but i think that will make us easy targets?
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by snawfu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:29 pm

need a yuan translator for this

229€ - 1 month -- 1,665 CNY
689,97€ - 3 months -- 5,009 CNY
1 379,94 € - 6 months - 10,024 CNY
2 759,88 € - 1 year - 20,055 CNY

there we go

its for current currency exchange rates as of Thursday, Mar 10, 2016, 05:14 PM GMT
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by denialed » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:07 pm

I cant help but think that this message needs to be made in more languages and be posted ingame aswell, i think all people who contribute with the lag also needs to contribute with the pay.

I'd love to help, but i dont like the idea helping paying, then login and experience lag all day long, from people who dont even know that this service also requires some kind of money.
denialed
Tester

by zilvis11 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:25 pm

Nostalrius becoming monthly paid server wtf ?
zilvis11
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements