Temple of Ahn'Qiraj... just a flesh wound right?

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Temple of Ahn'Qiraj... just a flesh wound right?

by Noxm » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:09 pm

We will just need more time for Twins and Cthun 20 min will be too short.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:12 pm

noaireirei wrote:
Nano wrote:Attention to all players:

The AQ40 Test will be run differently than the previous PTR tests. Each day only 1 boss will be available for testing; the boss that is currently available to be tested will be posted in this thread. Additionally, there will be a timer set for each boss before it phsyically despawns and is no longer available to be tested. It may vary from boss to boss. If any guilds are found trying to circumvent these limitations, they will be removed permanently from the PTR.

The first boss available when the AQ40 PTR is launched (March 27th) will be Prophet Skeram with a despawn timer of 20 minutes.

Does this mean Skeram will disappear 20:20, or that we have 20 min until after he is pulled the first time? Plz explain :>

As I understand it, the 20 min timer will be different for each pull in a give ID. Just like the 1h-timer on Vael you know. Skeram, in every instance ID, will just despawn 20 minutes after his first pull.

I guess to prevent people from circumventing those limitations, they'll make players saved to the instance on pull rather than on boss death. I don't know about the unlimited creation of different characters leveled up to 60 though. Maybe they'll block that too, or maybe I completely misunderstood Nano and Skeram will despawn at 20h20 for everyone no matter what :D.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Forest » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:15 pm

Noxm wrote:We will just need more time for Twins and Cthun 20 min will be too short.

Nano Wrote:
Additionally, there will be a timer set for each boss before it phsyically despawns and is no longer available to be tested. IT MAY VARY FROM BOSS TO BOSS.

I assume they'll give guilds 1-2 hours to test Emps/Cthun. Skeram is an incredibly easy boss with few if any raid wiping mechanics. More just a few things that annoy you. MC's, mirror images, that kind of stuff. Later bosses are much more punishing with actual damage dealing mechanics that will kill players/raids that are doing it wrong.
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

by theemus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say KILL EM ALL!
theemus
Private
Private

by noaireirei » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Youfie wrote:As I understand it, the 20 min timer will be different for each pull in a give ID. Just like the 1h-timer on Vael you know. Skeram, in every instance ID, will just despawn 20 minutes after his first pull.

I guess to prevent people from circumventing those limitations, they'll make players saved to the instance on pull rather than on boss death. I don't know about the unlimited creation of different characters leveled up to 60 though. Maybe they'll block that too, or maybe I completely misunderstood Nano and Skeram will despawn at 20h20 for everyone no matter what :D.

Yes, that would make the most sense, but who knows :> Stranger things have happened here ^^
klöver
noaireirei
Grunt
Grunt

by Thompz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Will there be NR gear available to test Huhuran?
Thompz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Slicy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Question :

Will C'thun be scripted and should be tested as pre-nerf or post-nerf ?

iirc previous content (ZG for instance) was mainly released in post-nerf state since they were considered bugs the staff preferred not releasing as we're relying on a 1.12 version of the game right ?

Pre-nerf C'thun was said to be unkillable. Would be interesting and challenging to confirm or infirm this statement.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Forest » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:36 pm

There's no way Nost would release an unkillable boss on purpose. A pre-nerf boss that was harder but not unkillable would be a different question. However pre-nerf C'thun was literally not able to be killed because of a fault of the Blizzard devs.

Not everything Blizz-like is a good thing. Releasing a boss that is unkillable by players due to a bug in the fight scripting is unreasonable to assume or ask for.
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:46 pm

it will be pre-nerf c'thun with the stomach tentacle fix applied

he was "unkillable" pre-nerf because eye stalks would spawn in his stomach and could not be DPS'd, systematically killing everyone in the raid
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ritjos71 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Cysthen wrote:Please add Nightfall to the vender its kind of pointless to play hunter otherwise.

So douchey....
ritjos71
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements