Temple of Ahn'Qiraj... just a flesh wound right?

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Temple of Ahn'Qiraj... just a flesh wound right?

by Nano » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Some of the gear on the PTR will be revamped for the AQ40 test, some items will be added that were missing before and some items that were available will no longer be available.

There is also no plan to have a consumable vendor on the PTR. I understand that many people will complain that such items are "necessary" for clearing content but remember that the PTR is not for you to clear content but to test it. Our hope is that most guilds, if not all guilds, would not clear most bosses on the PTR. Often times we get better feedback and testing from wipes.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by notgunnahappen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Nano wrote:Some of the gear on the PTR will be revamped for the AQ40 test, some items will be added that were missing before and some items that were available will no longer be available.

There is also no plan to have a consumable vendor on the PTR. I understand that many people will complain that such items are "necessary" for clearing content but remember that the PTR is not for you to clear content but to test it. Our hope is that most guilds, if not all guilds, would not clear most bosses on the PTR. Often times we get better feedback and testing from wipes.

Sounds fair. Glad we won't be having guilds clearing the PTR raid twice a week for 2 months this time
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cysthen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:45 pm

Unlike Feral Druids and Ret Paladins. Melee Hunters are actually viable. Please consider adding Nightfall and offset ap/crit pieces to a vender. There is a bis list in my guide.

Link: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28163
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Trinat » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:05 am

Nano wrote:Some of the gear on the PTR will be revamped for the AQ40 test, some items will be added that were missing before and some items that were available will no longer be available.

Which is good since it's the same leasson Blizzard learned, and now Blizz PTR Bosses are only available a few hours with a hughe HP Buff so it's unlikely ( tho not impossible ) that it dies. But i think with 10 year old content i won't really matter :>
Trinat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Alyndra » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:42 pm

makes sense for 7 of the 9 bosses there. i doubt that there will be much feedback on 1-2 certain bosses without NR gear/GNNPs from a broad audience.

in before huhuran enrage totally bugged because "nobody" or only 1-2 groups made it that far.
Alyndra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by theemus » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Well the NR doesn't really matter until the enrage (unless someone is cleansing the wyvern sting off melee which they shouldn't) so we will get to see if the enrage works fine without NR.

Also since everyone has access to any char they want every soak can just be a prot warrior who uses sits in d stance and uses all cool downs for the enrage, might buy enough time for the ranged to kill it.
theemus
Private
Private

by Alyndra » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:50 pm

its not impossible but i just assume it strongly limits the amount of people being able to submit feedback.
Alyndra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nano » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:07 am

To clarify the despawn timer:

You are not permitted to create new characters to test the same boss on the same day in order to receive multiple despawn timers. The timer will start the second you engage the boss, similar to Vael's 1 hour despawn timer in BWL. The purpose of the timer is to limit a guild's ability to use the Public Test Realm as a way to develop and refine their strategies prior to the content's release.

Any guild found intentionally abusing the despawn timer in order to receive additional testing time will be permanently banned from the PTR, including any future PTR sessions we may have.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 am

I like this approach. It helps you do a focused test session without having to worry about whose time zones you cater to when you schedule it, as you'd end up screwing someone over no matter what time you chose.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by TaurenRogue » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 am

can we haz aged core leather gloves please... :/
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements