Temple of Ahn'Qiraj... just a flesh wound right?

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Temple of Ahn'Qiraj... just a flesh wound right?

by Klazziscal » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:46 am

Can't wait for -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Dl3o93vSo and 24/7 server dcs
Klazziscal
Tester

by noaireirei » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:39 am

Nano wrote:Attention to all players:

The AQ40 Test will be run differently than the previous PTR tests. Each day only 1 boss will be available for testing; the boss that is currently available to be tested will be posted in this thread. Additionally, there will be a timer set for each boss before it phsyically despawns and is no longer available to be tested. It may vary from boss to boss. If any guilds are found trying to circumvent these limitations, they will be removed permanently from the PTR.

The first boss available when the AQ40 PTR is launched (March 27th) will be Prophet Skeram with a despawn timer of 20 minutes.

Does this mean Skeram will disappear 20:20, or that we have 20 min until after he is pulled the first time? Plz explain :>
klöver
noaireirei
Grunt
Grunt

by Cysthen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:08 am

Please add Nightfall to the vender its kind of pointless to play hunter otherwise.

Also high ap/crit offpieces for example cloak of firemaw/helm of destruction/devilsaur.

Consumes.

This may not be taken into consideration but I would extremely appreciate it as I have bis Nightfall Hunter basically on the live realm and would like to experience this content accordingly.
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm assuming the 20-min despawn timer is to stifle guilds attempts to learn content instead of reporting it? With the server so large why not just recruit a team that can reliably test this kind of content?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kel’Thuzad » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:07 pm

I grow tired of these games. Continue despawning bosses, and I will banish your souls to oblivion!
Kel’Thuzad
Tester

by Forest » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Cysthen wrote:Please add Nightfall to the vender its kind of pointless to play hunter otherwise.

Also high ap/crit offpieces for example cloak of firemaw/helm of destruction/devilsaur.

Consumes.

This may not be taken into consideration but I would extremely appreciate it as I have bis Nightfall Hunter basically on the live realm and would like to experience this content accordingly.

wat
Last edited by Forest on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

by tobach » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:40 pm

I should hope consumables, pvp gear (BiS)- (and maybe enchants somehow?) will be available.
Notallama
Frostyfarts
-The Council-
tobach
Private
Private

by DrearyYew » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Forest wrote:wat

Nightfall bot Hunters provide more Raid DPS than sitting at ranged, if that wasn't clear

Really excited for AQ, but I don't see the point in 20m timers. It's a 10 year old game, and there are plenty of resources online for raid tactics and strategies for the encounters... can someone explain this?
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noxm » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:58 pm

@DrearyYew How many ppl in this server have done AQ40 in vanilla retail ? 5% ?
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Forest » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:02 pm

DrearyYew wrote:
Forest wrote:wat

Nightfall bot Hunters provide more Raid DPS than sitting at ranged, if that wasn't clear

Really excited for AQ, but I don't see the point in 20m timers. It's a 10 year old game, and there are plenty of resources online for raid tactics and strategies for the encounters... can someone explain this?

Why not just have your OT do it? They can build threat with a 2H and still apply the debuff, when they taunt a boss just hit the macro to switch to sword and shield to reduce damage again.

To each guild their own strat I guess.

(I suppose with our 2nd Thunderfury we might have to change up our strat a bit :D )
Last edited by Forest on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements