by JCarrill0 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:54 am

I got my account unbanned I'm happy
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: News regarding banhammer of accounts because of gold sel

by cocawired » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:49 am

trying to log in says account banned, toon name ogplaya please help. played this morning just fine come back from work and its banned
cocawired
Tester

by cocawired » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:52 am

so i played 10 hours ago just fine went to work and when i got back i cant log in because my account is banned, please help, character name is ogplaya
cocawired
Tester

by bloodysam » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:46 pm

The Nost staff's efforts to keep the game free of goldselling is laudable and appreciated. However, with the amount of false positives caught by their systems and the number innocents banned, at some point you have to step back and ask yourself, are we actually causing more grief to players with these unjust bans than the very marginal impact caused by illegally bought gold and other shit. Not to mention, all the extra work for GMs to rectify these bans, whom surely could've spent their time on better things.

Just browse the Account Issues section to see what I'm talking about. People are getting caught and banned by automated systems that have only typed LFG in General chat, and my own guild has had BOTH main tanks banned for "gold trafficking" (separately, they had no transactions between them), one of them an officer and raid leader.
bloodysam
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bartolo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:36 am

Ok, but who the hell is buying gold???????!!!!!!

That market should be dead here.
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Artie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:10 am

Same issue for me
was reviewed -> unbanned and still remains as Closed?
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40922
[Blacklisted]
Artie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by zequill » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Im wondering how the GM team sort the review request and how they decide who get their judgement first. Since this annoucement, we can see some posts closed, with the answer of the review inside. Some of those are only 3-4 days old and get either unbanned or confirmed, while 10+ days old are still left with the pending statuts even if they are giving the same reason for the initial ban.
zequill
Grunt
Grunt

by Soraite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Whatever you did to ban them, you only made them angry and now they are spamming their "commercials" more aggressive and nonstop than ever. :(

Before it was just an annoyance but now it is really getting out of hands and chat is almost unusable now.
Soraite
Tester

by abcabc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Also thus far in my experience the general proposed fix is also not working fullproof. I stopped playing for 2months to come bacl today, only to find a 'bad credentials' notification and being unable to log in. After reading and applying the fix now i still face the same issue.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

croconutz
Nost pvp
abcabc
Tester

by Pottu » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Did you reset your password? You must do that, including removing IP-lock if it was active.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements