Clustering technology status & proposal

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Clustering technology status & proposal

by Zephs » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:41 am

Viper wrote:The price of this new hardware would be 360€ per month. Please contact Viper or Daemon in PM if you can afford it, and we will provide the OVH payment link. As a reminder, don't expect any in-game advantage for your support.

1) Setup a crowdfunding plan.
2) Set goal to 360€.
3) Disable donations for the rest of the month when goal is reached.
4) Pay for server with donations.
5) Ban chinese. :geek:
6) Open donations again when new month starts until goal has been reached again.

??????????????????????????????
https://www.youtube.com/Zephs
Zephs
Private
Private

by Rerun » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:52 am

So, you need better hardware to let the CURRENT PvP server run better?
Is that what you're saying?
.. in purgatory until a new vanilla pvp realm is opened.
Rerun
Sergeant
Sergeant

by tobach » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Zephs wrote:
Viper wrote:The price of this new hardware would be 360€ per month. Please contact Viper or Daemon in PM if you can afford it, and we will provide the OVH payment link. As a reminder, don't expect any in-game advantage for your support.

2) Set goal to 360€.
6) Open donations again when new month starts until goal has been reached again.

this
Notallama
Frostyfarts
-The Council-
tobach
Private
Private

by zorlus » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:42 pm

If you can arrange a way to donate to this, I would happily contribute. However; I would not be able to afford the whole amount.
zorlus
Private
Private

by Kabelwerk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Imo make a char transfer available to a new pvp server and you will solve your problem!
It will relieve the full main server then again it would drop down the lags and the playerbase were happy.
The development team has lesser stress and are relieved too ;)

I would change right now!

Cheers
Kabelwerk
Tester

by aoro » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Zephs wrote:

2) Set goal to 360€.

How can you feel like number 5 will solve anything? the team here needs someone that can speak Chinese or have a Chinese version of the website to clearly show them the rules. You are acting like all gold sellers are Chinese which is not the case, you should have a good look through a site like owned core's buy and sell section for WoW.

With Chinese players they need information in there own language Google Translate does a horrible job with everything, so staff making posts saying one language in global, and general communication channels wont really help because first, I doubt they would be looking there, and second it's not going to make sense.

But with the idea of crowdfunding or making a type of "clone website script like Patreon"(patreon.com) would work nicely, maybe setup a nice forum rank or some similar type of reward for anyone that donates over X amount. (These type of rewards are only visual and would have no effect on the game)

Plus with number 6 Patreon can set a cap for the monthly amount needed, so once you have it you wouldn't need to ask for more.
aoro
Tester

by Shinigamy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:23 pm

This is just awesome! I love that!

"As a consequence, this clustering evolution won't be available for public testing until June. "

- And here... I thought the same. I was expecting that to happen, and I am really glad. I mean I am hoping that, AQ won't be out until that time.

By the way, I know that there have been many discussions about that but, please - let us all donate for that. I am pretty sure (sure as hell!) that you can think of something :) !

Cheers! Hope to see that soon. I really hope, because I love the PvP server, tho I tried to play on the PvE but... hell...
Shinigamy
Grunt
Grunt

by macu67 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Ye I think other players should just learn chinese to be able to communicate with them.
macu67
Sergeant
Sergeant

by aoro » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:20 pm

macu67 wrote:Ye I think other players should just learn chinese to be able to communicate with them.

I think staff need to find someone that can speak both Chinese and English first to fix problems with them not understanding certain rules etc, and well better communication with that playerbase which seems to be getting larger.
aoro
Tester

by Rerun » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Still doesn't do a thing about the overpopulation.
.. in purgatory until a new vanilla pvp realm is opened.
Rerun
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements