Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Clustering technology status & proposal

by St0rfan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:26 am

Arts wrote:
snawfu wrote:well well

hehe

thats good news let's pay so we can maybe have 1second delay instead of 1,2-3s

This.

I think it is time to accept the fact that you cannot make 13k online + lag free environment. Even Blizzard couldn't/can't do it( Not without insane phasing solutions, which complately destroys overall gameplay ).

Just take it like a man and create a second server. You don't want to divide community ? FINE! : Create a regional server just for the Chinese. Ban Chinese IPs on the current server and transfer every single character that has logged from China IP(or VPN they use) to the new server.

Problem solved.

This. Move the chinese to a separate server whether they want it or not.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ozusteapot » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:17 pm

I get where you're coming from, but there's no need to be this xenofobic. Simply have the 2nd server an English-client requirement.
This way, anybody, no matter their nationality, can play on it, provided they actually speak English.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote pyramid
ozusteapot
Private
Private

by Rekkis » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:56 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:translate this to Chinese so we could get more support. ;)

Or better yet, put them on a separate server and let them pay for it.

Separate. But equal.

Yes, im salty.

I'm salty too, very salty.
Rekkis
Tester

by Rekkis » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, racism
Rekkis
Tester

by snawfu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:32 pm

It is strictly forbidden to use any means of changing or hiding real information about a connected client.

– It is strictly forbidden to connect to the game server, forum or IRC via anonymous proxy servers (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3), ELITE proxy, web anonymizers, anonymous VPN servers or other services, including any software using these means.

In case of using an anonymous connection, it is possible to grant an exception. The appeal for an exception must be sent exclusively via e-mail and must contain the name of the account (or a registered nick on IRC), service involved (game, forum, IRC), type of the connection (Ann proxy, Elite, VPN, … etc.) and the reason for using an anonymous connection (e.g. A port is blocked on the dormitories, therefore I use a tunnel to an anonymous VPN server via which I play). Upon approval, the user is authorized to use an anonymous connection. Requests have to be sent to the server Administrator only.

idk just putting it out there, some ppl might recognize where its from
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by omgdude » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi GM Team,
Im sure i will interesting in this proposal.
Contact me by "[email protected]". I really want a better server and latency, not just for me but everyone.
Last edited by omgdude on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omgdude
Private
Private

by omgdude » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:19 pm

im just worrying about the paying method. Is it using visa or just cash and what is the amount of the total cost? Should I pay for atleast one year or two years total.
omgdude
Private
Private

by omgdude » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi Viper,

Imma player in Nostalrius and I have been in this server for already 3 months. I really love this server and it makes me relive the old days.

Now I have my own financially independent, paying the 360eu dollar for helping this server is not a big deal for me. So why not?

Please feel free to contact me by "[email protected]", and send me more info about this new server.
omgdude
Private
Private

by Noxit » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Make the valute into Yuan since they are also playing the server.
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lucymcclane » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Hello,

We really need a second pvp server, the clustering system will not solve the overpopulation :(

There are a lot of people who are agree to pay for a new server :)
Lucymcclane
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements