Nostalrius Final Days

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Final Days

by Botmaster5 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Sallerius wrote:
Botmaster5 wrote:test of strength?

Correcto.Key word for that quest, ...patience :)

i see what you did there sir. well played.
/tips fedora
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Chinaman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:53 pm

umandez wrote:I think they are starting to realize they have been taken for fools by another server sending in a doxxed legal letter (*Cough* Wow-One or *cough* MoltenWoW *cough* ) It's not the first time they've done this they tried with WowScape and WowLegacy quite a few times.

Blizzard would have made a statement by now, they did for WowScape and that had no where near as much backlash as this.

Now Blizzard can't condone Private Servers, so they can't turn around and say that's it Nost it wasn't us why don't you carry on with your server, things have got a bit more complicated now.

That would be so hilarious.
Chinaman
Tester

by Heldunder » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Chinaman wrote:
umandez wrote:I think they are starting to realize they have been taken for fools by another server sending in a doxxed legal letter (*Cough* Wow-One or *cough* MoltenWoW *cough* ) It's not the first time they've done this they tried with WowScape and WowLegacy quite a few times.

Blizzard would have made a statement by now, they did for WowScape and that had no where near as much backlash as this.

Now Blizzard can't condone Private Servers, so they can't turn around and say that's it Nost it wasn't us why don't you carry on with your server, things have got a bit more complicated now.

That would be so hilarious.

i would be pissed.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wowkiller » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:12 pm

So... Where are people going to now? I used to play Molten before it was imploded from within. Then found Nost and got about 10 others to join the ranks. Just downloaded Warmane WOLK and it seems OK. Looking at Heroes as well and waiting for PlayTBC. What are everyone else doing?
wowkiller
Tester

by Robotron » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Kolltrem wrote:
Robotron wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlLl9wMeb0c

*lights a candle and walks away*

Omg, 6,24 min this is my hunter who walk!

It very well could be. I felt it was a good idea to just hide names in order to reduce clutter and to enhance the cinematic quality. It was shot a few hours before the end, IIRC.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Gray9010 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Hey,

Is there any way of verifying that Blizzard sent the C&D letter to Nostalrius? Has it already been verified?
Gray9010
Private
Private

by umandez » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Gray9010 wrote:Hey,

Is there any way of verifying that Blizzard sent the C&D letter to Nostalrius? Has it already been verified?

For us.. no. Unless the Nost Owners would like to share that with us.

I'm guessing they are going to be trying to make contact with the "Lawyers" that sent the letter but I'm finding it doubtful they will get a response. I could be entirely wrong though, but this isn't the first time this has happened.
umandez
Sergeant
Sergeant

by gumby540 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:29 pm

it was playtbc! they saw the hype for the BC server and stole the BC fans!
gumby540
Grunt
Grunt

by captnamazing » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:59 am

I had a dream...

It was the final hour of the last day and I ran through Alterac Valley on my undead rogue. As the minutes turned to seconds, a mass of pvp happened outside a hut. I ran inside the hut and found a clickable item node called "Shards of Sin." Then the server shut down.

Suddenly, I saw a notification that a NEW nostalrius server was up. There was a live-updating document containing the names of the players who were on the new server. I logged back into the ghost-world of Nostalrius, took a Shard of Sin, and it opened a portal into the NEW server.

It was the promised land, ladies and gents. When I woke up, it was hard to accept the fact that it was a dream. But somehow, now I have faith that nostalrius will be REBORN!!
captnamazing
Private
Private

by Ourk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:33 am

Cross our fingers that you're a nagual. :mrgreen:
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements