First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by VeloxBanks » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Desolace wrote:Nostalrius team, you just don't want to continue this project and save Nostalrius. You don't want to move this server to offshore country what would be the best option but you just say it's not your way to do things LOL. Atlantiss had the same situation like you and had the same host in France but they didn't give up. Many things and questions you didn't answer and explain people want to know. Shame.

I'm not gonna call them bad names or question them for why they don't want to continue...

BUT

I WILL call bullshit on the whole "we are not continuing because we want to respect the law" statement. You wanna respect the law? Don't make a fucking illegal server in the first place... Ofcource I'm not being a fucking hypocrite saying that means anything.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wurulf » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Dantön wrote:
leofender wrote: France always give up first in all times of history. The land of scared people.

^this

Look over here! Two ignorant morons!

http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/ ... tories.asp
Wurulf
Tester

by slickz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:22 pm

VeloxBanks wrote:
Desolace wrote:Nostalrius team, you just don't want to continue this project and save Nostalrius. You don't want to move this server to offshore country what would be the best option but you just say it's not your way to do things LOL. Atlantiss had the same situation like you and had the same host in France but they didn't give up. Many things and questions you didn't answer and explain people want to know. Shame.

I'm not gonna call them bad names or question them for why they don't want to continue...

BUT

I WILL call bullshit on the whole "we are not continuing because we want to respect the law" statement. You wanna respect the law? Don't make a fucking illegal server in the first place... Ofcource I'm not being a fucking hypocrite saying that means anything.

These things happen from time to time. Nothing lasts forever bro. Especially good things.
slickz
Grunt
Grunt

by iwillmissthisserver » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:58 pm

I'm gonna have myself a good cry...this is all a bad dream

Fuck you Blizzard
Nostalrius Fan Replies to Blizzard: https://youtu.be/kfr1HOjAxz8
I'm the creator of "Hitler Reacts to Nostalrius Shutdown"
iwillmissthisserver
Private
Private

by notgunnahappen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:09 pm

As always thank you for all the work you've done.

I am however disappointed that you decided not to work with another server to keep this community together. Alot were waiting for this, and it's almost as big of a blow as the initial takedown.
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Gray9010 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Viper wrote:Regarding the future release of Nostalrius related data; we confirmed that we will *not* be officially endorsing any private server. We have the idea and sense that Nostalrius can no longer live if Blizzard does not accept it. Nostalrius was a fan made project; therefore, hiding it in offshore countries to continue against the original game creator would be a transgression of our principles, of the reasons why Nostalrius existed in the first place.

I understand the legal aspect is obviously rather threatening, but, why are you implying that Nostalrius was some sort of ode to Blizzard? Like you said, Nostalrius was a fan made project, it isn't for the benefit of Blizzard.
Gray9010
Private
Private

by metagame » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:31 pm

The Nostalrius team obviously can't publicly endorse any "illegal private server" successor due to the ongoing lawsuit. Also releasing anti-cheat code to the public would really only benefit cheaters.

They're going to encrypt and release our account information at some point, and release some parts of the codebase at some point as well.

TL;DR nothing has changed.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soolin » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:58 pm

All that has happened recently, will have had a negative effect on Blizzard that they won’t like. The amount of publicity across the gaming world has been huge.
The Nost team have to stand with dignity and be professional.
Nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes, what meetings have been held, who has been involved etc.
Blizz might simply do what they always have in the past and say a resounding ‘no’. On the other hand they might give it some thought, after all they do still have games like Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 as ‘Classic’ games on Battlenet. There may be a very slim chance that they are now considering Classic WoW under that section too – we simply do not know!
Think we should just see what happens for now and be patient.
Soolin
Tester

by CognacLover » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:03 pm

C'mon guys, let's be realistic. I know you all have been waiting for an answer from Blizzard and let me say it for you: NO! You got zero chance of implementing vanilla servers from Blizzard for this year because Blizz staff is already busy with Legion and they're not going to separate their plans. It's not worth it waiting an answer from them while killing your own community.
What you can most do is pack up everything, change server. I remember Valhalla made a perfect offer and Blizz can't do a shit to russian servers. You don't need to publish a thing, you need to copy site and voila - Nost is alive again. Think about it.
While new server will be running you can expect an answer from Blizzard after X months and if they say: NO then it's WIN because they can't touch us anymore, if they say YES it's WIN also.
Last edited by CognacLover on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CognacLover
Tester

by hermitking79 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Thanks for all the fun , i only recently joined to play a week or two before the shutdown but was brill brought back some quality memorys from when i started playing WoW .
Really nice to see you will be giving back to the Mangos team and can totally understand not including the anti-bot and anti-cheat it would only get studied and bypassed by hackers .
Would be nice if the forums could stay up for some time and we as a community as a whole could try to keep talk of Nos alive ,Imagine if the petition sigs finally reach 300 maybe 400k in a month or two Actiblizz would have to have a good old think about things then
hermitking79
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements