First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by Dardyksa » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:58 am

Hey peops talking about submission and other bad words:
I don't know what's the law in your countries, but here, in France many peoples got condemened to JAIL for hosting movies or music download website....
Hosting an illegal server of a game like WoW could lead some members of the staff to 1 year of jail or more + maybe hundreds thousands euro fee....

So it's very understandable they give up to avoid being sued not only by Blizzard but by both Blizzard and the french country...
Dardyksa
Grunt
Grunt

by Eligius » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:59 am

Other projects all suck, pls change identity and start a new server
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Groza » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:00 am

The dream of ever reuniting the community seems to be officially dead now. The only way it would have happened was with an official endorsement of another server. Nostalrius was not just a server. I think everyone here knows that. It was the community we had that made the server so great, along with a fantastic development team! However, that community is now completely split up and fragmented, and the only thing that could save it would be an endorsement from Nostalrius for another server. What we have right now instead, are countless private servers all claiming they will use Nost's code once it is released. Instead of us all ending up back on one server, we are probably all going to be going to several now, or even PlayTBC.

I won't lie, I am pretty disappointed in this outcome. I am sure they have their reasons for taking this stance now though. But that won't stop me from begging: Please change your minds. Change hosts. Endorse someone. Do something. Don't let everything you built die. Fuck Blizzard and fuck their lawyers. I'd even start a crowdfund to hide your asses in another country if we had to.
Groza
Grunt
Grunt

by Fair » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:01 am

To all the people complaining about not moving the server or whatever - they have done enough for us ;) No need to take on such personal risks.
Fair
Grunt
Grunt

by Sallerius » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:07 am

flodgrodan wrote:I could have been 60 on some other server by now if i wasn't stupid enough to hope for this.

Its much bigger game here, ucan go 60 on other servers, but they cant guarantee shit.Just may go down this path ,like Nost.Dont be selfish, not so hard to show some kind of support.
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Woks » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:15 am

who knew the biggest wow killer would indeed be blizzard
Woks
Tester

by Roadbl0ck » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:20 am

This is a very telling precedent.
http://kotaku.com/5482221/activision-te ... -extension

That is Acti-Blizz and will not change.

I would run for the hills too if threatened with legal damages by a multi-billion dollar corporation.
(well maybe not but I'm single and you can't squeeze blood from the rock, I have nothing to my name)
That's irrelevant, I fully understand, just give the rhetoric a rest and be truthful.

What Nost team offered is great and is part of gaming history, nothing can change it.
Don't go out like the chicken with the lion's roar though.
Unfortunately my original forum account was locked out.
You can find my previous posts here.
Roadbl0ck
Sergeant
Sergeant

by xt0rt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:26 am

Ayron wrote:Good, now we can have a fresh start on Kronos instead of waiting for a ressurection that will never happen.

MAKE WOW GREAT AGAIN #KRONOS2016

How about no. Get lost.
<The Chosen> Warakiya - Nostalrius' Premier Night Elf 'Utility' Druid
"Doing nothing particularly well since 2015!"

#YouThinkYouDoButYouDont #ripnostalrius #410neverforget
xt0rt
Grunt
Grunt

by slickz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:27 am

For now, our source code may be release 30th of April (educational purposes only) in the hope that it will be useful, and that it may help developers understand how a big project like ours was handled from the inside.

I want you inside me.
slickz
Grunt
Grunt

by Enjurbn » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:34 am

Pathetic. You owe us nothing of course, it was your project, and amazing work you've done, yes. Only to end it like that...

Viper wrote:Leading newspapers, youtubers, streamers, and commentators covered the situation. It went beyond anything we could have ever dreamed for.

Yeah? Who gives a shit? "They are talking about us!" - who gives a shit really? The server is down, all characters lost but look! Francis made a video about us! Yay!

And I love how you continue praising bli$$ard, who ruined this game, crapped on you and your little petition, and countinue milking their stupid playerbase. Just love it

To sum it up, a little tip folks: next time join a project that makes money, less chance your account will be sacrificed by some delusional activists
Enjurbn
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements