First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by Conquestkale » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 am

Thank you for the experience, it is sad to see something like this go and be gone forever :(
RIP Nostalrius 2015-2016, you will be missed!
#BlizzardGiveLegacyServers!
Conquestkale
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Proctologist » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 am

fuck

Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Procto
Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Missbunbun

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not.

Hunter + Priest PvE/PvP PoV.
Proctologist
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kutsal » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:02 am

RIP Nost

No dreams, only sad times now FeelsBadMan
kutsal
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:02 am

ssishtar wrote:So basically, Nostalrius team won't endorse any other server and won't go offshore with a new server either. Nostalrius is gone and won't come up again in another form or place. So this is the end for good.

Well, at least we know what to do.

Seems like it. I'm very saddened by this announcement.

Viper, would you mind adding my video to the list?
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by lordgold » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:04 am

Goodbye dear liberals
lordgold
Private
Private

by Miloren » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:08 am

Thanks a lot, guys! I really enjoyed the time in the server :D
Miloren
Tester

by Faelix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:10 am

ssishtar wrote:So basically, Nostalrius team won't endorse any other server and won't go offshore with a new server either. Nostalrius is gone and won't come up again in another form or place. So this is the end for good.

Well, at least we know what to do.

Viper wrote:Regarding player related data, we settled on a strong algorithm to ensure data privacy for everyone. According to European laws, and foremost to our policy of privacy and personal data protection, you will have to explicitly choose to have your personal information included on the public data release if you wish so. More information regarding this part will be available next week, for both players and server makers willing to restore Nostalrius characters.

Confusing... guess we need to wait until next week.

Thanks Nostalrius staff for the great work up to this point, and an update :)
Last edited by Faelix on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Faelix
Private
Private

by iheartyou » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:14 am

I completely understand this response, However this is not the positive outlook the community was looking for, In regards to future development on other servers or the fight against blizzard.

Many questions are left unanswered was the C&D a fable attempt from another server?
Should we completely stop waiting for something to pop up to continue this legacy?
Many more i cant think of off the top of my head.

The community does want more information than what you provided(Not source code related)

However i do thank you for all you have done and i realized it was not rose-tinted goggles but i actually did miss the old game i even only got to lvl 38 and i missed the game after being a HC vanilla raider.
iheartyou
Tester

by orchql » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks and Goodbye! No more dreams.
orchql
Tester

by Tiral » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:22 am

A little disappointed about you give up, guys. But it is your project, you step, you decision. Blizzard ll never agree with Nostalrius server work, and they won’t open vanilla servers. If they will allow, think about same projects will rise around world with screams – “hey, you allow them do this, we want do this too”. Allow private servers works = recognize all work (blizzard work) is garbage. They ll never do this. No one excused about WOD, but all jumped on Blizzcon like crazy with “omg, I can’t w8 garrisons…” It is sad, but it is 99,99% true. I am sure they ll just ignore this part of gamers with their “you think you want, but u don’t”. Best step, as I see, move server to offshore country, only this can help to survive Nostalrius family, will not separate them. But it is not your view of your mission. And that is very very sad.
Anyways, thank you team, you made ppl remember those true feeling of wow, when it was The Game.
Tiral
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements