Nostalrius official announcements

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by avltree » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:27 am

Thanks all of the Nostalrius staff!
avltree
Tester

by Shadowx93ca » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:27 am

For everyone who stuck with the ship until it sunk to the very bottom.

I salute you.

May we be reunited in another world, one day.
Shadowx93ca
Grunt
Grunt

by Ayron » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:32 am

Good, now we can have a fresh start on Kronos instead of waiting for a ressurection that will never happen.

MAKE WOW GREAT AGAIN #KRONOS2016
Ayron
Private
Private

by Sallerius » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:40 am

We have the idea and sense that Nostalrius can no longer live if Blizzard does not accept it. Nostalrius was a fan made project; therefor, hiding it in offshore countries to continue against the original game creator would be a transgression of our principles, of the reasons why Nostalrius existed in the first place

Totally understand this, its right thing to do, its right way to go......Now only petition left.Feels bad man...
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by AsEeL » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 am

Thank you for the best experience since vanilla wow on retail.
I finally could relive the epic journey once again... it used to be a dream but you guys made it happen!
AsEeL
Private
Private

by Roadbl0ck » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 am

Look, nothing changes the fact that you guys put so much time in a thankless and expensive endeavor for love of the game (and self improvement).
It also doesn't change the fact a lot of people (myself included) were able to benefit from that and get hours upon hours of entertainment, meet new or rejoin old friends and form a community.

Nothing but respect and gratitude for that, thank you.

With that said that's some crazy double talk going on there.
You've made a 180 from your initial announcement.
Did you get legal advise?
I mean
We have the idea and sense that Nostalrius can no longer live if Blizzard does not accept it. Nostalrius was a fan made project; therefor, hiding it in offshore countries to continue against the original game creator would be a transgression of our principles, of the reasons why Nostalrius existed in the first place

That's some grade A lawyer bullshit there.
When exactly did you get those principles? Before or after setting up the server in the first place?
Did you have any indication that Blizzard accepts Private Servers before going live?

I mean if you didn't want to go against Blizzard's wishes, the easiest way was to stay out of the private server scene me thinks.
Unfortunately my original forum account was locked out.
You can find my previous posts here.
Roadbl0ck
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sarac » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:09 am

just when i started to get gear and go raids and pvp blizz do thing like this....
sarac
Tester

by Jawohl » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:30 am

Dream is still alive.

What Daemon , Viper, the selected staff and this community achieved with this project will live on for a long, long time.

What was achieved here, is the massive awareness in Youtube, BattleNET, Twitch and Internet overall about the great passion and demand, hundreds of thousands of people are sharing towards this game.

People should stop speaking about THE END since this was actually the BEGINNING!

What started at the day of Nostalrius is like a snowball rolling downhill. We are going to continue this fight, FULL BUFFED with the Rallying Warcry of Nostalrius! Dream is far from over, spread the word and keep shouting out loud as equal World of Warcraft fans! Nostalrius didnt loose, they actually Won big time!
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oyani » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:39 am

Jawohl wrote:Dream is still alive.
FULL BUFFED with the Rallying Warcry of Nostalrius!

Citizens of Nostalrius! People of the Private Server Community! On this day, a mortal blow has been struck against the black Blizzardflight! The nefarious dragon Morhaime has been slain by Nostalrius and their allies! Join me in celebrating our heroes! Feel the rallying cry of the Blizzardslayer!

...one day.
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pønk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:44 am

Seems to me like Blizzard have threatened the Nost devs into pure submission. This really is a 180 attitude change from the initial statement. No more hope for the Nost resurrection.
RIP the dream.
Pønk
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements