ozo23 wrote:Feed us news pls.

+++
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by nagroth » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Viper wrote:
...Regarding player related data, we settled on a strong algorithm to ensure data privacy for everyone. According to European laws, and foremost to our policy of privacy and personal data protection, you will have to explicitly choose to have your personal information included on the public data release if you wish so. More information regarding this part will be available next week, for both players and server makers willing to restore Nostalrius characters...

Any update as to opting in your character info? "next week" has come and gone.
nagroth
Tester

by Tidbid » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:28 pm

No news? :(

1 day Nostalrius will live again!
Tidbid
Tester

by Thefilth » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:35 pm

nagroth wrote:
Viper wrote:
...Regarding player related data, we settled on a strong algorithm to ensure data privacy for everyone. According to European laws, and foremost to our policy of privacy and personal data protection, you will have to explicitly choose to have your personal information included on the public data release if you wish so. More information regarding this part will be available next week, for both players and server makers willing to restore Nostalrius characters...

Any update as to opting in your character info? "next week" has come and gone.

I'm wondering if I've missed the announcement too. Have I?
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xerctiger » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:44 pm

I got banned at the end with the big "Banhammer" but this was still an amazing server. Reading the article could bring a tear to your eye. But, excited to see if Legacy servers do become a thing, and if not. It's good to think that we could actually make Blizzard think about it. At the very least.
Xerctiger
Tester

by Justtocomment » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Pottu wrote:
Enjurbn wrote:Don't you understand what he meant? Really? It had nothing to do with you making profit, rather than with the Nostalrius project being illegal from the day 1 in the eyes of Blizzard, you knew damn well their stance on private servers when you started it, that they are against it.

The poster claimed that Nostalrius stole code from Blizzard. That is not true. As for the illegality of private servers, well, they are in a grey zone. Making a profit off of Blizzard's intellectual property is of course illegal and that has been confirmed in a US court. However, offering a gaming service that Blizzard does not offer, in a non-profit manner, has not been deemed illegal - to my knowledge - in any court of law. We wished to offer as authentic vanilla server as possible with our limited resources, to all players whether returners or new comers. We did not want to contest Blizzard's trademark or copyright in the first place and, aside from few exceptions, they have previously turned a blind eye towards non-profit private servers. I hope you can see the difference.

What i meant was, you guys (Nostalrius) were already using Blizzard's copyrighted content / game files so that is what i meant by "stolen code". It is illegal to use their "files" for personal use like making a private server without their agreement. And by double standards, yes, I meant exactly what other guy up said.
Having Illegal server in France is cool but relocating it to other country isn't? What kind of BS is that?
"We're respecting Blizzard" - kinda what admin said. - No you're not, at same day you took their content (files) / game to make a private server you "disrespected" them. (Like every other private server out there)
Justtocomment
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:31 pm

The poster claimed that Nostalrius stole code from Blizzard. That is not true.

Pottu is 100% correct about this , if code was stole Paladins wouldn't struggle in false working abilities.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by nagroth » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Quickbowjob wrote:@Justtocomment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Oh thank you so much for that. Apt for the conversation. His/her basic thought process is, you were "stealing" in the first place why not just 1 up the game? Did u ever think the moral code of the Nostalrius devs is what made this community so great in the first place? Just because you would be willing to set aside your morals doesn't mean you can attack others for upholding something they believe. Not only was Nostalrius offering something that was, and still is currently unavailable as a game, they were making no profit while sinking countless man hours into it. Methinks someone is just bitter for losing their toon, and is now lashing out at the very people that made it such a wonderful experience to play in the first place.

*BTW this was directed more at @Justtocomment than what I quoted. Quickbowjob's quote just summed up my ramblings in a much more hilarious way.
nagroth
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements