First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by ritjos71 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Justtocomment wrote:"That quote from blizzard is a lie, it has been done before by Everquest."
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 963?page=1

Won't answer on insults but yea there is your quote from Blizzard employee that I quoted if you don't believe check it out.

I'm just normal Private server player who have played on every expansion (including vanilla).
Every server can get "letter" from Blizzard like Nostalrius did and they can decide to simply relocate server to
another country or shutdown like Nost' Admins did.

Have a nice day! ...try NOT to be cancerous and just swear / insult without any constructive comment.

I'm pretty sure I already addressed that quote, and you quoted me doing it. That's a lie, I did read it before I called it a lie. As I said it has happened before, Blizzard just doesn't want to do it. Which is all fair I suppose it's their game. Blizzard doesn't care about the portion of us that want to play the older versions of the game, and that half assed idea of a "pristine" server is proof. Boy would I love to level without all the bonuses, and the cross realm cross faction trash to just sit my ass down in my garrison. That idea probably took less time to think up then it did for him to type it.
ritjos71
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:48 pm

"There is not a clear legal path" hahahah. The barefaced lying.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Mastodon2090 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:55 am

If the Nost team can make a vanilla server surely a company the size of blizzard would have no problem. The blizzard statement seems more like damage control to me. It's as hollow and soulless as retail wow.
Mastodon2090
Grunt
Grunt

by Mryul » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:38 am

The Blizzard statement is an attempt at damage control and a spit in our faces.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by melak » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:19 am

I think we can all agree that the Blizz response was pure and utter shit :|
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sallerius » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:46 am

Well, again, Brack told us to fck off.From that blue post i dont see single hint for they to recreate classic wow.To bad, but hey atleast we got answer :(
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by VeloxBanks » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:41 pm

So now we KNOW Blizzard won't touch classic WoW. Does this mean we can finaly take Vanilla/TBC/Wrath into our own hands without worrying about it being "illegal"? Sorry if I missed it but I still haven't seen anyone mention a reason why moving the servers to Russia wouldn't work. If it really is that "simple" (ofcourse it probably isn't, but it sounds like it on paper) the only thing stopping the Nost team from doing it is them worrying about disobeying Blizzard and the law. I've said before however that if they REALLY didn't want to "break the law" they shouldn't have made the server in the first place.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Silverbeast » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Please Admins and GMs, ease the playerbase (and the other wow private servers), and reinstall/rehost Nost 2.0. Everyone and their friends try to find a new home, new server to relive the vanilla (or TBC) experience, but Nost set the bar so high, everybody struggle to find a new home. (And you help your "Kronos friends" out there who trying to install a 2nd server today:)
Silverbeast
Private
Private

by Berzerker500 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Viper wrote:Regarding player related data, we settled on a strong algorithm to ensure data privacy for everyone. According to European laws, and foremost to our policy of privacy and personal data protection, you will have to explicitly choose to have your personal information included on the public data release if you wish so. More information regarding this part will be available next week, for both players and server makers willing to restore Nostalrius characters.
[/i][/url]

Ok when can we expect to have more news? data is going to be released in three days if noting has changed at least.

We would very much like to be updated! thank you!
Berzerker500
Tester

by Wryshu » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:51 pm

I sincerely hope that the Nostalrius team releases the updated MaNGOS source code as promised, so that others may pick up the torch. This will bring the vanilla gaming community to the next level, and if the source remains open and is back in the hands of the MaNGOS community, it will be to everyone's benefit.

#ReleaseTheSourceCode
Wryshu
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements