Situation update - 1st May 2016

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Situation update - 1st May 2016

by DXMage » Wed May 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Any updates? It has been more than a week now.
DXMage
Tester

by theluda » Thu May 12, 2016 4:49 am

Every thing in life is about money, food, sex or sleep. Whatever people to is to get one these things.
theluda
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mrmr » Thu May 12, 2016 7:47 am

ehhi, ehi!
Any news about the MYTHIC MEETING??

....wait...was that bullshit as well?
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by KIT2142 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:49 am

So, it's safe to assume that blizzard, as always, just lied to everyone, just to buy some time before legion beta, and there will be no meeting, no source code and no legacy server?
KIT2142
Tester

by Roadbl0ck » Fri May 13, 2016 5:47 pm

KIT2142 wrote:So, it's safe to assume that blizzard, as always, just lied to everyone, just to buy some time before legion beta, and there will be no meeting, no source code and no legacy server?

I think it's safe to say you got 2 out of 3 right.
Unfortunately my original forum account was locked out.
You can find my previous posts here.
Roadbl0ck
Sergeant
Sergeant

by huertakas » Mon May 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Jawohl wrote:Look at the full picture, guys.

It does not work the way you people would want by simply making few servers with progressive release, since those servers would dry out in 2-3 years for most part, and its not in Blizzards interest in any way to have a " Divided player base "

Good job Daemon!

Respectfully I disagree with your opinion Jawohl, guy who purchased 1 month of Nostalrius server time.

I think that the original versions will stay popular as new generations learn of Blizzard games. *We* may stop playing them after 2-3 years but *They* won't.

If done well, the multiply effect will lead to the player base expanding and players playing longer together, not staying the same size and being divided.
huertakas
Private
Private

by huertakas » Mon May 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Hilo wrote:Without MaNGOS there would have been no Nostalrius. That's just a fact. If you're not going to give back to the community from whose work you benefited then that's on you. You're not obligated to legally, but morally, you disgust me. You took the Mona Lisa, painted a mustache on it, and called it your own original work.

While temporarily true, vanilla private servers have been around a lot longer than Nostalrius. And they will continue to be around a lot longer. If the talks with Blizzard are not completed to satisfaction of the Nostalrius team, they will release their improvements to the open source code.

If not, then I trust them to hold Blizzard to offer playable legacy servers. If Blizzard fucks up, the source code will be released and the competition between retail and private servers will be increased, until private servers eventually win. If they are smart, they will make their agreement not to release the source code tentative on Blizzard releasing playable legacy servers to the opinion of the Nostalrius team, not to Blizzards' opinion.

Anything else and yes they're leechers. But releasing now would not encourage Blizzard to listen.
huertakas
Private
Private

by 2pumpchump » Mon May 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello,

I have played on a little while ago (a year or half a year ago) and I enjoyed it a lot but had to stop due to other things getting in the way that I had to take care of.

With all that said, I'm immensely interested in WoW legacy servers - if Blizzard brings back the actual, classic WoW, I will resubscribe IMMEDIATELY! Even if I have to pay more than their standard $15 per month.

So I am here to beg you NOT to compromise as much as possible. We want vanilla WoW, not pristine servers, and not some ways that Blizzard can think of to make the current game "feel" like the classic but not actually be the classic game.

If Blizzard releases a compromise now, then there will be no chance for us to try and get true legacy servers again, because Blizzard will be content with what they have done and they will not try to go any further. We have to get it right the first time.

Sincerely,
A player who yearns for nostalgia of the calssic, vanilla WoW.
2pumpchump
Tester

by refriza » Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Very proud of you guys!
For a private server you actually did something and you were the best in what you did. Now we finally get the chance to talk to Blizzard. Can't understand why everybody's raging that this should be an unnessesary announcment, i mean you get the chance to talk to Blizzard this are big news. Good luck in the meeting! Lets hope that Blizzard gives us a Server were we get a second chance to kick Kel'Thuzads ass! :D
refriza
Tester

by BioRusskij » Sat May 21, 2016 2:56 am

Blizz will gives some work in company for Nost Team.

Imposible to REopen Nost.. everyone say it =)
BioRusskij
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements