World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

by Winterflaw » Wed May 11, 2016 2:53 pm

schichtmschacht wrote:Is a Google account required to answer the survey?

I think so, yup.

It's a problem for me, too.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Winterflaw » Wed May 11, 2016 2:55 pm

wrw01200 wrote:Appears Kronos experienced DDoS attacks by Blizzard just to ad attention of the playerbase to this queezyee that is slightly declining...

The origin of the DDoS is unknown.

Most all Vanilla servers receive DDoS attacks. I was Rebirth for a year, before Nost, and it happened there all the time.

One line of speculation is that it's gold seller; if you take action against them, they hammer your server for a week or so. However, I can't remember if Rebirth ever had any gold sellers.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wrw01200 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:03 pm

Winterflaw wrote:
wrw01200 wrote:Appears Kronos experienced DDoS attacks by Blizzard just to ad attention of the playerbase to this queezyee that is slightly declining...

Most all Vanilla servers receive DDoS attacks. I was Rebirth for a year, before Nost, and it happened there all the time.

One line of speculation is that it's gold seller; if you take action against them, they hammer your server for a week or so. However, I can't remember if Rebirth ever had any gold sellers.

If it is not formally known it doesn't mean it's not blindingly evident...
In the course of actions to hold people's attention after the April's shutdown and consequently to prevent them from finding alternatives instantly (and abandoning the forum's) -- it is the only pattern visible.

Especially when the Quizz is right here and hard planned to be done!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yep! All those past cases you experienced years of playing are of the same origin. It appeared almost everywhere where the long term character development was valuable. And that long term character development at privates means guess what???
- Years of NOT-even-bothering with what and official server mutated to :P :P :P ... that finally turns in The success of Warlords of Draenor!!

All those gold-sellers, botters, etc. you mentioned are a *terrorist*, an *act of terrorism*, and an *attack of the World terrorists*! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Brighter, Smarter, Broader, Deeper, Unconditioned, Unconstrained...
RUSSIA always >> ALL the rest
[ you the next ^ ]
wrw01200
Private
Private

by Banochka » Thu May 12, 2016 5:31 am

Anyway blizzard just hsould let Nostalrius continue their job and let them do what heir want. I want my char back so bad :(
Banochka
Sergeant
Sergeant

by melak » Thu May 12, 2016 10:45 am

Banochka wrote:Anyway blizzard just hsould let Nostalrius continue their job and let them do what heir want. I want my char back so bad :(

Why so hung up on one char? It would be much more reliable for a long term comitment to have Blizzard host real vanilla realms tbh :)
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Galadourn » Thu May 12, 2016 11:09 am

Voted for:

- Vanilla WoW
- TBC UI (that's a must as a minimum)
- Additional land/lore and events during the official timeline.

If a company gives me these things, I'll be stuck in that game forever.
Galadourn
Grunt
Grunt

by Malga » Fri May 13, 2016 8:02 am

I have a mitigated feeling about this survey... 14 pages of answers and several complains about the mandatory google account.
Of course I hope we will get a lot of answers... but not sure 100% about that.
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Galadourn » Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 am

I read somewhere that so far approx. 40,000 people have replied.
Galadourn
Grunt
Grunt

by Malga » Fri May 13, 2016 11:33 am

Ok, good to know it even if it's an approximation.
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Winterflaw » Fri May 13, 2016 4:38 pm

wrw01200 wrote:
Winterflaw wrote:

If it is not formally known it doesn't mean it's not blindingly evident...

It was considered blindingly evident for at least a thousand years that the Earth was stationary and at the center of the Universe. Similarly, it is still considered blindingly obvious by billions that God created everything and when we die we go to Heaven or Hell.

In general, we when thinking prove what we already feel.

I may be wrong, but I think you have certain feelings about the origin of the DDoS, and by those feeling, have dispensed with evidence and argument.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements