World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

by Rhook » Sun May 08, 2016 9:09 pm

To be honest, IF i had to buy legion to play on legacy servers, i would not do it.
I already bought this game back in 2005 and i see no point why i should buy the same game which i have right in front of me somewhere in my desk again.
Or even more a game which i never want to play.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Zauxst » Sun May 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Exactly Rhook.... I've already bought the game I don't want to buy it again, and I would not buy the latest expansion either just to play since I don't intend to play new WoW anymore...

And I am not asking for new content to the already existent content somewhere in the outer space... And it's not like they have to invest money on the infrastructure or on designing the content, when you buy the game initially, you pay the content that was created, the content that is designed.

If they want to go full retarded on us (like EA) they can try and I will vote with my money and just say no and forever stop caring about WoW.
Zauxst
Tester

by Gaymer » Sun May 08, 2016 10:21 pm

I am more of a casual player, and very much into PvP. And I don't know if what I'm going to write is a good idea or a bad idea, but what I would really love to see in a Blizzard legacy server would be:

* Vanilla WoW mechanics

* Max level 60

* 15.000 online players cap

* All the zones modified for the 15.000 players cap ->monsters instant respawn, more monsters in each zone, monsters always yielding 100% of its XP no matter how many players in the party, reduced number of killed monsters/gathered items for quests, increased XP & Drop rates for faster progression (early game) as well for a choice for the players between grinding mobs, doing quests or a little bit of both if they feel like it.

* Access to all continents (including Northrend, Outworld, etc.) - Of course they would need to be modified. Monsters in these areas should be of a lower level. It would give players a variety of zones to level in (Imagine if the lowest level zone in Northrend was levels 15 ~ 20. You could choose to either level in Kalimdor, Lordaeron or Northrend, or in all of them at once travelling back & forth just to have some more variety). Some of the end-game zones like the zones form upcoming Legion expansion could be zones with monsters of level 70+, and they would be zones targeted for PvE parties, not soloable.

* No flying mounts- they destroyed open-world PvP and exploration aspect of the game.

So, basically, it would be the game world consisting of all the content upto Legion expansion but on Vanilla terms.
Gaymer
Tester

by Arucado » Sun May 08, 2016 11:46 pm

What i would love to see is [Vanilla Wow] + New content. But that is never going to happen.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Holmes » Mon May 09, 2016 12:20 am

i wouldnt want a 15k cap or whatsoever. it should be way closer to what it has been back then. 2-3k are perfectly fine if the BGs are clustered/linked and character-transfers or anything alike is possible

i would like them to be 1:1 progressive. 2-3 years of vanilla are OK. then you can start on a fresh progression server if you want to continue playing vanilla or you start at a fresh vanilla server from anew. for another 2-3 years before it turns into tbc aswell.

another possibility could be a free transfer to a "next-expansion-server" instead of being forced into the new expansion. so everyone from realm A, B and C can choose whether to stay on their realms or transfer to realm D which opens as soon as TBC should hit
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nohansen » Mon May 09, 2016 12:32 am

Gaymer wrote:I am more of a casual player, and very much into PvP. And I don't know if what I'm going to write is a good idea or a bad idea, but what I would really love to see in a Blizzard legacy server would be:

What about no ?
Nohansen
Private
Private

by Daddypig » Mon May 09, 2016 2:43 am

Nohansen wrote:What about no ?

Good lord dude Gaymer . you want a pristine vanilla - legion server that is gross. Incase you didn't play on vanilla in the last 11 years. Casuals who want shit ez is why we are in the mess we are in now with the expansions. I want more gy's i want instant spawns. i want XP no matter what .. EXACTLY why were are stuck with WoD. JC.
Daddypig
Tester

by Daddypig » Mon May 09, 2016 2:50 am

Just an IDEA. Some people will want to start with TbC some with nilla some with WoTLK and so on.. My idea is
(maybe already shared but i havn't found it.)

Nilla = A
TbC = B
WoTLK = C servers.

start with multiples of 6 per say..

Realm cluster in 3's or w/e On Jan 1st we star A progresses into B > progresses into C.. time frame you choose.

on Jan 1st Second cluster.
B progresses into C > progresses into either D(cata) or Resets to A.

3rd cluster Jan 1st. Start with C either reset to A or progress to D(cata) then reset to A > then B and so on.

Then if you reset after 3 you could essential work all the clusters to stagger so that every " X " amount of months / years you would be able to start at w/e start point you wanted but still experience all of them at your pace and desired start point.

The amount of time for the progession to each exp would be pretty much set . this would make a never ending cycle that people could jump on board at any time they find out or choose to venture to the legacy server.
Daddypig
Tester

by Sponza » Mon May 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Signed, good luck guys.
Sponza
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Winterflaw » Mon May 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Glas wrote:first

Well done, you're an idiot :-P