Blizzard meeting scheduled

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by MasterQuaster » Tue May 31, 2016 10:31 am

Don't pretend that you have inside knowledge or that you know exactly how investors and shareholders react. It is far more likely that they will applaud any initiative that A) brings more value to the portfolie, ie raising Blizzard share price and B) increases Blizzard profits, ie raising the amount of dividends they get. Everything else is just conjecture and random noise.

If you'd read my second post you won't say that. I did say, that it's possible that shareholders urge Blizzard to introduce Vanilla again after what happened with Nostalrius. And I never pretended to have Blizzard "insight knowledge". But I know how economy works and I know how marketing works - what of course is part of economy.

Your B) isn't correct. A raising share price doesn't mean raising dividends. Raising profits doesn't mean it too.

That "we lost the source code" was a lie is obvious. Who the fuck lose source codes in times of big data? Probably even google have the original source codes of Vanilla. It's not possible to lose things like this in times of internet and big data. Who ever believed that is simply stupid.

if the final answer was a NO you would already have it.

I personally say after the thing with Nostalrius it's a 50/50 chance that Vanilla will be introduced again. But I wanna remind you that Blizzard said about 10 times NO to Vanilla in the last 5 years.

We can only speculate.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Azzurathe » Tue May 31, 2016 1:42 pm

Blizzard almost never says NO to anything. It is not in their best interest to do so.

What they have said it is not something they plan on doing, that it is in the past, blah blah blah, but I never recall an emphatic "No, never, not going to happen." It is always, always "we have no plans to do that".
Azzurathe
Tester

by theluda » Tue May 31, 2016 8:52 pm

MasterQuaster wrote:We can only speculate.

Will find out myself from the source soon (tm).
theluda
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cardinalsin » Tue May 31, 2016 10:08 pm

Activision, should they decide to do legacy/pristine servers will not commit until 2017. At the very least, they want to maximise the numbers for Legion to ensure shareholder satisfaction with all the money and time that's been sunk into the project.

If Legacy tanks and subs go down then the likelihood of any further expansions is remote. Bringing back legacy/pristine servers becomes viable at this point.

All of you, Mark Kern, Nost, the wider vanilla audience are being played for fools. If you want to participate in vanilla-as-it-oughta-be then you need to release your MaNGOS shackles and play for real
AKA Outstanding Opinions, threads and posts are my own
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wryshu » Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 pm

theluda wrote:Will find out myself from the source soon (tm).

Did they decide to honor their original promise to release the source?
Wryshu
Grunt
Grunt

by abbath » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:52 am

so much useless discussions flooded this forums; why there is no any fucking updates for a month?! :cry:
whats wrong with 'ambassadors'? is a dream about official vanilla forgotten?
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ryanjames2000 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:54 am

Sweet!
ryanjames2000
Tester

by theluda » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:47 am

Wryshu wrote:Did they decide to honor their original promise to release the source?

No, I meant source as in Blizzard, as they actually want to talk to the MaNGOS team too.
theluda
Sergeant
Sergeant

by melak » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:00 am

Cardinalsin wrote:Activision, should they decide to do legacy/pristine servers will not commit until 2017. At the very least, they want to maximise the numbers for Legion to ensure shareholder satisfaction with all the money and time that's been sunk into the project.

If Legacy tanks and subs go down then the likelihood of any further expansions is remote. Bringing back legacy/pristine servers becomes viable at this point.

All of you, Mark Kern, Nost, the wider vanilla audience are being played for fools. If you want to participate in vanilla-as-it-oughta-be then you need to release your MaNGOS shackles and play for real

Please never mention Pristine servers anymore, they are a horrible idea and should be burried and forgotten asap!
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by melak » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:00 am

abbath wrote:so much useless discussions flooded this forums; why there is no any fucking updates for a month?! :cry:
whats wrong with 'ambassadors'? is a dream about official vanilla forgotten?

If you payed attention you would know that Mark has had his meeting and there are a lot of info from it and his thoughts etc, also it seems that Nost is meeting with Blizz next week, so chill a bit 8-)
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements