hellopls
DLXX - DLXXY - WXL
DLXX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by Smokinwii » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Great things take time.

Like being offered millions for your illegal server, to make it legal and to ruin it with footprints of a main stream developer, who just won in the end because they paid you off for the thing they needed.
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Anceron » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Forcerius wrote:So you guys are meeting with them even though they're suing you? Or did they change their mind about taking legal action?

They were never being sued in the first place. They threatened to sue if they didn't bring the servers down.
Anceron
Grunt
Grunt

by Alterego » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Only thing what should change: bring graphics to today wow standard, people can play with low settings anyway if they want.
Alterego
Sergeant
Sergeant

by metagame » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Alterego wrote:Only thing what should change: bring graphics to today wow standard, people can play with low settings anyway if they want.

I would disagree. The default should be classic Vanilla WoW graphics. It suits the game better.

There is more to art than pixel count. My standard for good artwork includes the feeling, direction, and emotions behind the artwork. The original feel of the game is captured perfectly in the original art, and that is not measurable by counting pixels nor polygons.

If people think the newer graphics are better, fine. They could have an option to upgrade via an addon or something. By default, the game should feel exactly as it did when we first opened the box, popped in the CD, and entered the world 12 years ago.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Personally, I would LOVE to give Vanilla a try with modern graphics, but of course it should be nothing more than an option, in my humble opinion.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by abbath » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:03 pm

modern graphics [only]+old content = awesome for me.
if it happens during this year...

but I'm personally already lost a hope because long time can't see any movement on this problem - only secrets for the pathetic 'security reasons'. :?
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pottu » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:08 pm

The meeting was announced slightly over two weeks ago, and that it will happen in June. That is not a "long time". Please have some patience and perspective.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Heldunder » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:56 pm

metagame wrote:
Alterego wrote:Only thing what should change: bring graphics to today wow standard, people can play with low settings anyway if they want.

I would disagree. The default should be classic Vanilla WoW graphics. It suits the game better.

There is more to art than pixel count. My standard for good artwork includes the feeling, direction, and emotions behind the artwork. The original feel of the game is captured perfectly in the original art, and that is not measurable by counting pixels nor polygons.

If people think the newer graphics are better, fine. They could have an option to upgrade via an addon or something. By default, the game should feel exactly as it did when we first opened the box, popped in the CD, and entered the world 12 years ago.

while i agree to a small extent, i would rather play the game with the updated graphics myself. i love the game but giving it a glossier finish will make it like playing a "new" game thats just as good. *shrug* too each there own.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:50 am

If it was a toggle option, I have no problem with it. You don't like it? Turn it off, or don't enable updated graphics.

Economically it is more beneficial to at least be the old graphics, as PC requirements are much lower for it.

This would allow a larger range of potential subscribers/players that have outdated PC hardware. If you have a PC that is up to par, by today's standards, allow the toggle.

A few things need to be taken into consideration with newer models such as hit-boxes. May have to be client side, as being a server side option may cause a lot of extra resources being used with both running at once.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements